• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP, I have received a court claim from Restons Solicitors and unsure what to do.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP, I have received a court claim from Restons Solicitors and unsure what to do

Originally posted by holmewood114 View Post
    Good afternoon everyone.
    Just a quick update again.
    I rang the court today and a stay was put on my claim on the 16th Jan.
    This can only be good news cant it ?
    Thanks chris
    The claim is, for the time being, in limbo.
    The Claimant would need to pay to lift the stay.
    Whether they will (or can), only time will tell.
    But the claim is for ~£5.6k...........
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: HELP, I have received a court claim from Restons Solicitors and unsure what to do

Yes thanks.
      Its a waiting game again.
      They do not have the information stated in my defence.
      If they cannot get it could they sell the debt on again ?
      This could go on a long time :-/

Regards chris

Comment

Hi guys,
        Another update, Today i received a letter from Restons asking me to withdraw my defence as i have been continuing to make monthly £10 payment.
        Would you reccommend i keep these payments up or stop them.?
        I feel its about to start up again !

Thanks Chris

Comment

Originally posted by holmewood114 View Post
          Hi guys,
          Another update, Today i received a letter from Restons asking me to withdraw my defence as i have been continuing to make monthly £10 payment.
          Would you reccommend i keep these payments up or stop them.?
          I feel its about to start up again !

Thanks Chris
          Hello Chris,

A court will see these payments as a clear admission of liability, so I assume that you will contend the enforceability of the debt in court i.e. that no CCJ should be made???

nem

Comment

If they have failed to provide the CCA or maybe other important paperwork such as the NOA or Default notice, why on earth would you withdraw your defence?

It is a small claim I assume so costs are unlikely

If however they have produced everything you might want to get a professional to look it over and see what they think

Incidentally
            I believe that Restons have a reputation for being really not very nice people so you will have to hold your nerve

Remember if they have produced all the paperwork there is still the chance of a Tomlin order but I think that would be done via mediation

Comment

Thanks for that.
              I did not realise i was was still making payments. I have stopped them now.
              No they failed to produce any paperwork.
              What is even more weird, Restons have taken me to Court on behalf of Arrow. I have had a letter from Arrow stating it is not their debt.
              I honestly do not know what is going on.
              The debt is for £5600
              Any help you give is greatly appreciated.

Comment

If you read other threads it is comments on LB you will see that Arrow often deny they are the creditor which is rubbish , well if they aren't the creditor then they can not be the claimant - might be worth including in your WS when it comes to it.

From what you have posted it seems a slam dunk - they have not provided any of the proof you owe the money but courts are a funny place
                [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] ( Sorry I know you are busy) [MENTION=7765]Joanna C[/MENTION]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X