• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Claim - Company need old a/c number & sort code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Claim - Company need old a/c number & sort code

Hi guys,

This should (hopefully) be a simple thing to find out.

Just out of interest, a PPI Claim Company (Consumer Claims) contacted me & I just sent them little or no details about a Lloyds bank account and a credit card I had.

A few weeks later, I get a lot of money put in my bank by Lloyds, but they are "unable to reach an amicable agreement" about another part of the claim.

The PPI claim company have asked if I could fill in a form, including my old bank sort code & account number.

The sort code will be no problem (I guess they don't change those) but I can't find my old account number anywhere!

How do I find the old account number for my personal Lloyd bank account? I haven't been with Lloyds bank for over 12 years & have shredded everything to do with them.

Thank & if anyone has any great ideas, I will be very grateful!

Cheers

Ian
    Tags: None

Re: PPI Claim - Company need old a/c number & sort code

Hi,

I'd think sending Lloyds a Subject Access Request might get you your account details, giving them your address at the time you had the account.
    I take it you've signed up with this claims company.

Comment

Yes, Rohan.

They have already managed to get a load of money from Lloyds Bank (which I'm just waiting to go into my account) but apparently another part of the claim, Lloyds are 'disputing' so I need my old account details so Consumer Claims can go to the ombudsman (or something) to fight that.

Their "win" percentage rate is quite high, but I have had to do very little, so it's all a bonus to me!

With regard to the SAR, can I just go onto the Lloyds Bank website & request one, or does it have to be done in my local branch (where I used to have the account)?

Thank you,

Ian

Comment

To be honest if you are paying a company to reclaim your PPI they should already have or be able to find out that information. They have already told you that Lloyds are disputing part of the claim - in order to dispute a claim Lloyds would have to know what the claim was for. Have you actually seen the letter from Lloyds with the dispute ?

Did you engage the firm to look at more than the one claim you have been paid out on ( or received an offer on) ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hiya Amethyst,

There are (apparently) 3 claims going on ....

2 with Lloyds Bank (or Black Horse) - the bank account one is the one I believe has been settled & I am waiting for a cheque (apparently posted on the 18th November).

The Barclaycard claim is still being dealt with. Lloyds are arguing about a loan claim & Consumer Claims want to go to the ombudsman to sort that one out.

I did receive a couple of forms from Lloyds Bank but Consumer Claims told me to ignore them as they would be dealing with it.

I am clueless, as you can tell.

Comment

Amethyst - I have just noticed your "sticky" thread about the SAR request.

Should I just send that letter recorded delivery to that address (even though my account was in a local branch)?

Thank you & apologies for not reading the threads before asking!

Regards

Ian

Comment

https://www.lloydsbank.com/privacy.a...-1475867889416

Obtaining a copy of your information

Under the Data Protection Act you have the right of access to your personal data. The Act allows us to charge a fee of £10 for this service. If anything is inaccurate or incorrect, please let us know and we will correct it. For further details on how to request a copy of your information, please write to the:
              DSAR Unit
              Lloyds Bank
              Customer Service Recovery
              Charlton Place, C57
              Andover, SP10 1RE

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X