• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received claim for mobile account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received claim for mobile account

Originally posted by cc1110 View Post
    The debt was 794 and it is 987 with court fees. Do I need to request CCA or CPR seen this on another thread.
    The debt is on my credit file yes and it drops off Jan 2017 ( default Jan 2011) but know I didn't pay anything way before that date.

Should the court rule in their favour how much approx would they add to the debt if they wanted to add on their court fees?
    CCA request is not appropriate as phone accounts are " service contracts" not regulated by CCA 1974.
    CPR to the solicitors but make sure you only request the actual documents mentioned in the POC.

nem

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Hi, the 28 days the claimant has to reply to defence .. is that working days ? And does it include the I filed the defence?

Comment

Hi, the 28 days the claimant has to reply to defence .. is that working days ? And does it include the I filed the defence?
          Hi 28 days + 5 for service from the date the claimant receives the defence ( calendar days)

nem

Comment

So I filed on 25th November so by my calculations that is the 27th ( assuming they include Christmas Day etc )

Comment

I have also not had a reply to my cca request. Is that 14 days from which i sent it ?

Comment

I have also not had a reply to my cca request. Is that 14 days from which i sent it ?
                12 + 2 Working Days from the date the claimant received the claim.

Did you send the request by signed for post?

nem

Comment

Yes I did.

What do I do if I do no receive a reply to either within the time frame

Comment

Yes I did.

What do I do if I do no receive a reply to either within the time frame
                    Good morning,

The failure to comply with the CCA request renders the debt unenforceable until the agreement or a compliant reconstituted one is provided, this situation if not remedied will form part of your defence.

nem

Comment

Hi,

So I never got a reply to the cca request and it has passed the 28days for the claimant to respond to my defence and so the claim is now stayed.

What's the likelihood that they'll still persue this and is there anything. I need to be doing in the meantime ?

Thank you

Comment

Hi,

So I never got a reply to the cca request and it has passed the 28days for the claimant to respond to my defence and so the claim is now stayed.

What's the likelihood that they'll still persue this and is there anything. I need to be doing in the meantime ?

Thank you
                        Did you check with the court on the status of the claim?
                        There's been some delays in the system due to the extended holiday period.

nem

Comment

She just said the claim has been stayed ?

Comment

Hi,

Thank you
                            Do you mean CPR request?

@nemesis45 post #16
                            CCA request is not appropriate as phone accounts are " service contracts" not regulated by CCA 1974.
                            CPR to the solicitors but make sure you only request the actual documents mentioned in the POC.

nem
                            Or is yours one of the 'split tariff' accounts where you pay for a handset on credit?
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Good point Charitynjw,

Mobile provider such as Tesco have a number of phones that can be bought via a credit account I had one myself definitely a regulated agreement.

nem

Comment

Sorry yes, I meant cpr. Only ever had Normal pay pay monthly contracts ( 'free' phone with contract )

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X