• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received claim for mobile account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received claim for mobile account

If it were me I'd SAR Vodafone for any details they hold.
    I would want to pinpoint the exact date when the account was defaulted & terminated, as that is likely to be the trigger date for the statute-barred defence.
    It will cost the Claimant £250+ to lift the stay, so they might make a commercial decision not to bother, but if you have absolute proof that it is SB, you are in a much better position should they decide to do so.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I contacted them at the beginning and they had no records whatsoever. Default date is next month. I know for an absolute fact it is sb just looking back at circumstances.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the termination date which was September 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cc1110 View Post
        I contacted them at the beginning and they had no records whatsoever. Default date is next month.
        Via Experian?
        I know for an absolute fact it is sb just looking back at circumstances.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the termination date which was September 2010
        Written proof?
        ####
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes that's the date on Experian.

Not written no, that's just what the claimant told me.

Comment

Originally posted by cc1110 View Post
            I know for an absolute fact it is sb just looking back at circumstances.
            Perhaps you could clarify?

With mobile phone debts, 'last payment' is not necessarily a good indicator of the SB trigger date; the contract itself often can (& does) run on 'in default' for months after the actual default (missed payments).
            & if the documented Experian default date is decided to be the trigger date rather than the verbal termination date, as the claim was issued before the 6 years is up, the SB clock pauses due to the court claim.

Of course, you can always gamble that the claim will remain stayed.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi, I've just had a questionnaire posted. So it looks as though the claimant has applied to lift the stay. It offers the chance for medication. If I apply for medication and it is settled out of court would there be a new mark on my credit file? As this has recently been removed.

Many thanks

Comment

Hello

How long after last payment do they have to terminate the agreement?

Comment

And make it default.

- - - Updated - - -

Then make it default

Comment

Sorry do you mean as per contract? I don't know as I don't have it. I called original creditor and last payment was just before claim came through and termination date was just after. There's really not much in it.

Am I right that if we go to mediation and agree to a payment plan it will be logged on file as a ccj? As CAB told me it wouldn't go on my file as it has been taken off and out of court it wouldn't be a ccj. Can you clarify ?

The whole this is making me ill tbh, sounds dramatic maybe but I've just had a baby and my son has special needs, I've been his carer the last 5 years and finally we seem to be getting things together after his diagnosis and trying to buy our house and now this. 😓

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X