• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Insurance (car)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance (car)

Hi all!!

I am a taxi driver and had four years no claims bonus. I was involved in an incident last week where I was behind a vehicle waiting to turn and he rolled back and collided with my car. We pulled over and I checked for damage, there was none.

When the guy got out of his car I was just about to say don't worry about it when he said he had a jolt to the neck and made out I drove into him.

I contacted my insurance and told them the situation.

I pay my insurance to a broker on a weekly basis and when I paid this week it had shot up by £40 and I lost my no claims.

I called my insurance and they said no claim had been made but the incident will be put down as a fault on my record for six months. If no claim is made all will go back to normal and I will be reimbursed.

Is this a normal procedure because it does not seem right to me?!
    Tags: None

Re: Insurance (car)

So it sounds as if you have a weekly cab insurance, so an incident reported which could be a claim could lead to your loss of NCB with immediate effect.
    In some ways you are fortunate that they will reimburse you if no claim materialises, although it does sound as if the third party is lining up a whiplash claim

Comment

I have already lost my NCB. Despite no claim being made.

I'm hoping what happened was he got out of his car, expecting me to be putting on a broken neck. So he's immediately jumped on the defensive by flipping it. I kind of hoping he's waiting for me to put a claim in and then he will. But I won't because I'm too honest. Probably just wishful thinking.

The problem is though, I am being persecuted before any action has been taken. I will now be suffering for the next six months in the best case scenario.

Isn't it innocent until proven guilty?!

Comment

With an insurance policy the reporting of an incident is regarded as notification of a possible claim.
        If it occurs when insured on an annual policy it may or may not be taken into account by insurers depending on the circumstances.
        If it occurs on a weekly policy it will have an immediate effect.
        If the insurers continued to allow you the discounted rate, and say in two months time the third party lodged a whiplash claim, would you be prepared to pay the extra (£40 x 8 weeks=£320)?
        Thought not!!
        As the insurers have said in the event no claim is made they will return the extra premiums in 6 months, look on it as a savings scheme for next year's summer holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X