• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoosmith's CCJ claim form help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoosmith's CCJ claim form help

Hi, found this website while searching for information about the letter i have received, I'm hoping to get some help please.

I received a letter from shoosmiths dated 14th November ref a ccj claim form for arrow global, the covering letter says please find enclosed a county court claim pack that has previously been issued to you by the count court business centre etc etc.

I have never received anything before from shoosmiths so this came out of the blue, on the claim form it has a date of 17th August 2016 and my old address listed but crossed out and my new (well new as of 2 years ago) hand written next to it. (the county court seal has been stamped next to this change so i guess it's legit)

now the particulars of the claim are:

1 - monies due to the sum of £1802.99 under a regulated agreement between shop direct limited and assigned to the claimant on 14/12/2012 notice of which has been provided to the defendant.

2 - the defendant has failed to make payment in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served pursuant to the CCA 1974

3 - the claimant claims the sum of £1802.99

4 - C has complied, as far as is necessary with the pre-action conduct practice direction.

now i have not received any other letters in relation to this which is not what they have put in the claim details, i'm not sure why they have used my old address and then handwritten my new one on the form (could the new occupiers have sent my address to them?). I wonder if all of the letters have been sent to the old address?

i want to defend this as i don't think the debt is mine, i had a very account years ago but i paid it off (it was about £600) when i had a larger bonus one year and i don't ever remember buying anything from them again (although i didn't close the account down)

what letters do i need to send off and who do i send everything to now (is it shoosmiths like the claim form says?)

i know i only have 14 days so i need to get this started in the next day or two now, unless ask for the 14 day extension.

any help would be appreciated, let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Shoosmith's CCJ claim form help

Hi Daisyd00 & welcome to LB.

Personally, I would phone the court (tel no. on the N1 claim form) to check on the status of this.
    If this claim was issued on 17th August, there is a risk that a default judgment may have already been given.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi charitynjw,

Thank you for the message, I have spoken to the court today they advised shoosmiths should have updated the date on the form but the court couldn't tell me s date as the claim hasn't been re submitted with them yet.

So I need to send the defence part off and which letters? I know I took the account out but would I send a prove it one with £1 just so I get a copy or do I ask for copies of what they have stated they sent out?

Thanks

Comment

Have you tried to formally acknowledge the claim? (I'm not suggesting that you do, I'm just wondering if you've tried).
        As things appear to stand, it is well outside the usual court timeframe for either acknowledgement or defence.
        Didn't the court give you any indication as to the status?
        Personally I would hold fire on any further actions (inc CCA or CPR letters to the Claimant or their sols) until I found out exactly what the situation is.
        One thing for sure is that Shoosmiths have your current address & so will probably realise that service of the claim form was defective.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, I've not acknowledged this yet, this letter is the first communication I've had.

I'll ring the court again tomorrow, but I'm sure she said the claim hadn't be refilled again yet.

The claim form attached to the shoosmiths letter is a photocopy (a poor one at that) is that normally the case?

Comment

Originally posted by Daisyd00 View Post
            Hi, I've not acknowledged this yet, this letter is the first communication I've had.

I'll ring the court again tomorrow, but I'm sure she said the claim hadn't be refilled again yet.

The claim form attached to the shoosmiths letter is a photocopy (a poor one at that) is that normally the case?
            Did this claim come from Northampton County Court Business Centre (MCOL) or from CCMCC (in Salford) which does things differently (personal service)?

https://courttribunalfinder.service....s-centre-ccmcc

Di

Comment

Hi, It is from Northampton.

Comment

Please post copies of what you have received after removing personal info and the claim number.

nem

Comment

I've spoken to the court again and they reissued the claim to shoosmiths on the 1st November, but so far shoosmiths have not advised them of a date of service.

I will post the documents this evening when I can scan them and remove my information.

Thanks

Comment

I've spoken to the court again and they reissued the claim to shoosmiths on the 1st November, but so far shoosmiths have not advised them of a date of service.
                    That sounds like I thought (personal service) not MCOL. The court issues the claim but the Claimant serves it on the Defendent.

This may mean everything now has to be done by post/email instead of online. You need to check this with the court to be certain not to miss any deadlines.

You say you received it on 14th November so you need to discover what date it was 'deemed' to have been served in order to respond in time.

Di

Comment

Hi, letter and claim form are attached as requested.

Thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Does anybody have any last minute advise? The court still don't have a date it was re served to me.

Also I can't submit my defence online as I don't have the defence password that should have been in the pack?

This all seems a little fishy to me?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X