• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with court claim particulars date 9/11/16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with court claim particulars date 9/11/16

Hi there hoping you might be able to help me compose a defence for my father who is registered keeper for the vehicle in question. It is with regards to 4 tickets from Indigo parking services at a hospital in wales. I notice you have already started dealing with a number of similar situations. The driver who hasn't been identified to the company was in possession of a residents permit but didn't pay for tickets. The company in question underwent a re-branding exercise from 'vinci' to 'indigo'. From the 1st of April 2016 they had reduced their charges but have now begun taking people to county court for their charges. All charges prior to this seem to have been wiped.

I have attached the sanitised copies of the claim and particulars. The claim was received on the 1/11/16 and the particulars on 9/11/16. The keeper submitted the acknowledgement of service on 20/11/16 stating the intent to defend all claims. If I'm right this means he has until 7/12/16 to submit a defence?

There are three areas that I thought might be worth bringing up but obviously I have no real idea what I'm talking about and will do whatever you suggest.
    1) The assertion that they have authority to issue charges, they haven't submitted a copy of their contract with the hospital and I suspect the hospital would rather it wasn't a public document. I also wonder if they are the named company in the contract as prior to april it was Vinci running the car park. If they've altered the contract could that possibly exclude their exemption from welsh legislation making parking at hospitals free except for ones with a pre-existing contract with a parking company
    2) The company has put a value of £1.05 on 24 hours parking if you hold a residents parking permit. For them to charge £128 now would be a 12,190% increase on the original value they placed on their parking spot which would, in my opinion, be deemed as 'extravagant and unconscionable' and so overstep the line of being a penalty per the beavis ruling
    3) They have never provided the keeper with any evidence of the contravention.

Hope you can help as in addition to these 4 tickets thats have reached court there are a further 20 that are still at the pre-court stage and so the total that the keeper is at risk of paying is £3300!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S I believe others have already posted pictures of the signs at the carpark but I will put some more up when I get a chance to photograph them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GSTQ9647; 20th November 2016, 19:11:PM. Reason: accidentaly included unsanitised info
    Tags: None

Re: Help with court claim particulars date 9/11/16

Hello

I've tagged [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] for assistance, he will be along at some point to give his opinion
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Do you have any of the PCNs ? (more important here where the registered keeper wasn't the driver)

Can you assist with the positioning of the signs ?

M1

Comment

Hi I'm really sorry I never got an email notification saying that you'd replied I thought maybe you were prioritising others over me as my defence doesn't have to be in until the 6th. I will photograph the PCNs tomorrow and post them and I will attempt a sketch of sign positioning too.

Very sorry again for having missed your reply.

Comment

Excellent.

I was going to do [MENTION=3164]Saffron[/MENTION]hat thread tonight but i'll wait on the sketch as it all helps.

M1

Comment

Hi here is an example pcn

ill draw the signs tonight

thanks for your help
            GSTQ9647
            Attached Files
            Last edited by GSTQ9647; 5th December 2016, 22:54:PM.

Comment

Hi here is a sketch of the signs i'm aware of, I believe my tickets relate to the car park i've marked with red. The red arrows are the small style signs which in that car park are all small and high up on walls, pointing in the direction of the sign. the blue dot is the pay machine which has the costs detailed. The other car park i've marked is the only other one i've parked in and the signs are marked in black. There may be more in the back hidden around but i've only parked in the front so i've only seen these ones.

I believe someone else has detailed the wording of the legal bit at the bottom of the signs on another thread. I'll post pictures in a second of the signs. I've noted the only ones that are lit at night are the ones at the pay machine.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's the signs. The first photo is what it says at the entrance of the car park with the black arrows but I haven't seen its counterpart at the entrance to the red arrowed car park. The second is what it says by the pay machine. The final photo is the sign which is represented by red arrows, largely high up on the wall. Even with my glasses I can't read what they say up on the walls. To give you a sense of scale its about 100m from the blue dot on the red arrow car park down to the bottom of the car park is about 80 meters or so.
                Attached Files

Comment

and here is a close up of the legal bit at the bottom of the third sign

Sorry for the number of posts but I was struggling to get it to attach everything in one go and it was becoming convoluted.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just wanted to check if there was anything else needed. Also if my date of particulars was 9/11/16 does that mean I have until 6th or until the 7th to submit defence?

Thanks,
                    GSTQ9647

Comment

Not as desperate as you think as you forgot to allow time for service. Anyway go to bed and there should be a defence to edit by the time you get up :okay:

M1

Comment

Edit to suit. Note i assume the defendant is your dad and he wasn't driving or a permit holder. Funnily enough the signs only say that permit holders need to display the permit but doesn't say non permit holders aren't welcome.

GSTQ9647def.rtf

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery1,

Unbelievably grateful to yu for your help so far. I understand your preferred donation as thanks is to help pay for the servers which I will definitely be doing!

I've had a reply essentially suggesting that we go to mediation.

What do you think I should I do? Accept mediation and see if they do too then just try to reduce cost down as much as possible? Or do you think the case is strong enough to go to court? If I did that would my father have to do much in court? He's fairly old and I wouldnt want to cause him too much stress...
                          Any cases similar to mine further forward and showing promise?

Once again thanks for your help hope you had a good christmas and new year!
                          Sincerely,
                          GSTQ9647

Comment

What do you think I should I do? Accept mediation and see if they do too then just try to reduce cost down as much as possible?
                            Yes but it is unlikely they'd settle for too little and what it's worth to you

Or do you think the case is strong enough to go to court?
                            They are going to have trouble with it because they are chasing the keeper who wasn't the driver. But no case is certain in the small claims track.

If I did that would my father have to do much in court?
                            As long as he is present you can act as his lay representative.

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery1, they have responded proposing to go to mediation along with us. In the meantime they sent me the letter which I have attached below. Any suggestions if mediation tactics? Any thoughts on the letter?

Thanks again in advance,
                              GSTQ9647

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                              Yes but it is unlikely they'd settle for too little and what it's worth to you

They are going to have trouble with it because they are chasing the keeper who wasn't the driver. But no case is certain in the small claims track.

As long as he is present you can act as his lay representative.

M1
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X