• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group has taken me to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRA Group has taken me to court

Originally posted by Littlepig View Post
    The signature is R and surname starts with an M Investigations and litigation Dept
    Ah that makes sense - Robert Marr.

Di

Comment

Date and time of log XX September 200X
      NOD sentX/X/X expires XX/X/XX

Date and time of log XX September 2009
      Sold to expert credite limited Sold XX September 200X
      Last edited by Littlepig; 19th November 2016, 14:04:PM.

Comment

I received a claim from Northampton County court December 2015 from the PRA Group I responded to this saying that I was intending to defend this and the court had no jurisdiction as this account is statute barred.
        I never heard anything again
        Thius Claim says you eneterd into an agreement on 08/05/08 but the agreemebnt you posted is dated with your signature at 23 /03/ 08 with another dat at the top of 04/04/08. So, their basic evidence doersn't support their claim. That seems to be a black and white defence??

QCK

Comment

Hi QCKate,

Thanks for taking a look,

Yes I noticed that but are they allowed to claim "on or around" the 8th as any defence it seems a very loose term??

Comment

are they allowed to claim "on or around" the 8th as any defence it seems a very loose term??
            According to your post # 3 that CCA document was sent to you by MBNA in response to your SAR. It may not be in the Claimant's (PRA) possession. Or have they sent you the same?

The Claimant must prove their case. Don't do it for them. If you reveal your evidence too soon then you leave yourself wide open to them amending their POC to match the information you provide them with.

Less is more with litigation in the early stages.

If this claim is set aside (and hopefully dismissed since there may already be a stayed Claim for the same debt) then any claim is likely to be allocated to the Fast Track where the rules on Disclosure are strict.

Common sense says wait to see what they've got to support their Claim and ask them to prove it. That way they may dig themselves into a deeper hole especially if they intend to rely on reconstituted paperwork and you have the originals which show 'inconsistencies'

Di

Comment

This thread has a happy ending here > http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...814#post695814

Di

Comment

A very happy ending 😁

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X