• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contravention code: 50RJ - No right turn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contravention code: 50RJ - No right turn

Please I'll like to seek your advise. I received a PCN for a No right turn in which I appealed against on grounds that the traffic sign is not clearly visible at the critical moment of approaching the turn as it is obstructed by other traffic signs and post. My appeal was rejected but I have the option of paying the discounted amount or appeal the decision to the London Tribunals.

Please what's your view on this?

I'll like to appeal further on the following grounds:

1) The traffic sign in question is not clearly visible at the critical moment of approaching the turn as it is obstructed by other traffic signs and post. The Traffic Signs Manual emphasises the necessity of drivers having an unobstructed view of all traffic signs, pointing out that a profusion of signs in close proximity does not comply with the notice of rejection.
    2) The sign is obscured by a tree, particularly, the sign on the right.
    3) The sign on the left hand side is placed around a bend, behind other signs and can easily be obscured by buses.

There are five grounds on which an Adjudicator can allow appeal. Can I select the ground which says "The contravention alleged by the Authority on the PCN did not occur"? as other grounds don't apply and there is no option for Other.

Also, I can either opt for a postal decision or appear in person. Is it advisable to opt for postal?

Please find attached street pictures, PCN and notice of rejection. Below is also a street view.

https://www.instantstreetview.com/@51.492828,-0.09867,0h,0p,2.61z

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Contravention code: 50RJ - No right turn

Were these pictures taken from the drivers side of the car they look to me to be taken from the pavement?

Comment

They were taken from the pavement.

- - - Updated - - -

They were taken from the pavement.

Comment

If they were taken from the drivers seat we could have an idea if the view was obscured the defence would be good expect them to disagree with you unless they have some sense and go to the road hardly likely

Comment

Just drivendown that road on Google Earth, and both no right turn signs show up clearly!

I'd pay the discounted charge!

If you do contiue with your appeal, appear in person.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X