• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim - Question re Admission..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim - Question re Admission..

Just checking something on a claim received at work -

Part of the claimed amount is admitted, so the admission form/section is to be filled.

As the claim is for a Ltd company; do we just leave certain bits blank..? (forms and site dont seem to be very compatible with either personal or ltd defendants..)

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Claim - Question re Admission..

DELETED
    Last edited by micro; 18th November 2016, 22:17:PM.

Comment

Thanks.

Long story short -

There are 7 invoices in question. 3 agreed, 4 definitely not.

The claimant was informed that the 4 were not agreed with and reasons given. Correspondence followed, to try and get paid for the 3 agreed.

That hasnt happened - admittedly through fault of my company - though now they have sent the claim for all 7..!

Comment

DELETED
        Last edited by micro; 18th November 2016, 22:17:PM.

Comment

The first question has to be how much is the claim because that may impact on the answer to your question.

Claims under £10k are usually allocated to the Small Claims court where there can be an opportunity to settle the matter by free telephone Mediation.

This could work for you if you only dispute some of the claim.

Di

Comment

Thanks for all the responses - I realised my question was not very well phrased however..

When responding to the claim and agreeing to x amount of their y claimed, you are to use the form "Admission (specified amount)"

My question is - when filling this out the questions all seem to be aimed at an individual responding. This is a response as a ltd company so a lot of these seem like they wouldn't really apply...

Dependants, Employment, Bank account, Residence etc..

Do we just leave those bits blank?

I would like to get a response in ASAP so responses are appreciated!

Thanks,

Comment

There is a bit on the N9A which should help... I think this is from an older version of the form so check what the one you have says.

Organisation

If you are not an individual, you should ensure you attach
              a financial statement showing your companies profit,
              loss, assets and liabilities to support any offer of payment
              made in box 11

. Ensure you tick the correct box and
              complete sections 1, 9 (if applicable) and 12.

If you are a
              Limited Company, the claimant is under no obligation to
              accept your offer.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for that.

I think I was being a bit dim.

When filling out response online it allowed us to proceed and leave certain fields blank.

It didn't have the usual '* required field' markers on at each stage...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X