• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IMF - PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IMF - PCN

Same as before really. Whilst they have done 7 court cases now the odds are against one are still in your favour. The higher the amount you are being asked to pay the less it is worth it to settle as your risk of losing more than they are asking in court dwindles.

If you are thinking of paying then i'd be looking at £60 or so.

M1

Comment

Many thanks, I will take the same approach then and see how serious it gets. I assume if it goes to court I will get notice & then a final chance to settle?

Comment

I would suggest that the letter is actually from DRP using Gladstones headed paper. Why else would you be instructed to pay DRP? DRP have no authority to instruct Gladstones direct.

Wait for a letter before claim.

Comment

Agree, its does sound odd. The letter doesn't really say much...thanks

Comment

Hi @
            mystery1

I hope you're well. Its been a while since we spoke on here.
            I hadn't received any letters on this for some time & then a letter from BW Legal a few months ago which I ignored.
            Today I have received another letter form BW legal saying they have ben instructed by UK Parking Patrol Office Ltd to commence legal action in the form of issuing a claim against me
            in the County Court.
            In your experience will they do this or do you think this is another scary letter?
            They say I have until the end of Oct to pay and then they will issue a claim.
            This has gone on since 2015!!

Any advise please?

Comment

Does it say anything like, 'Letter before Claim' in the title of the letter?

Comment

Claim
                Last edited by imf; 29th October 2020, 14:03:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by imf View Post

Hi No it doesn't. It says 'Letter of Claim'
                  I have attached a copy of the letter here. The formatting is slightly out after scanning it in and I have removed names etc but all their wording is there.
                  Any advise please?
                  Thanks
                  OK, this needs to be responded to. This letter is part of the Pre Action Protocol that companies have to follow before issuing a County Court Claim against you. I notice BW are still chasing the £60 which a lot of County Courts have stated are an 'Abuse of process'. I can do a draft letter of response, but it will have to be tomorrow afternoon at the earliest as I am currently busy with some other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluey4543 View Post

OK, this needs to be responded to. This letter is part of the Pre Action Protocol that companies have to follow before issuing a County Court Claim against you. I notice BW are still chasing the £60 which a lot of County Courts have stated are an 'Abuse of process'. I can do a draft letter of response, but it will have to be tomorrow afternoon at the earliest as I am currently busy with some other things.
                    Hi @Bluey4543

Many thanks
                    Last edited by imf; 29th October 2020, 14:04:PM.

Comment

Hi imf,
                      They have only really dipped their toe in the litigation pond, so the odds of it actually going to court are in your favour. Having said that a Letter of Claim is part of the Pre Action Protocol to court action.
                      Give me a few days and I will draft a response for you. I have noted the respond to by date in the letter.

Comment

Thanks again
                        Last edited by imf; 29th October 2020, 14:04:PM.

Comment

Even if you lose in court then if you pay within a month then no CCJ will be recorded against you

Comment

Last edited by imf; 29th October 2020, 14:05:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluey4543 View Post
                              Hi imf,
                              They have only really dipped their toe in the litigation pond, so the odds of it actually going to court are in your favour. Having said that a Letter of Claim is part of the Pre Action Protocol to court action.
                              Give me a few days and I will draft a response for you. I have noted the respond to by date in the letter.
                              Hi, did you have a chance to look at this please?
                              Many thanks, really appreciate it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X