• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I recently received a parking charge notice from Met Parking Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently received a parking charge notice from Met Parking Services

Hi,

My brother recently received a parking fine from Met parking services for £100 which is reduced to £60 if its paid within 14 days (which we only have till this Monday to pay within that time)
    I just moved to my new home and it has a gated complex with lots of parking spaces which are privately owned which is why I guess Met are issuing tickets for anyone parking in those parking spots.
    How ever although I now realise you can't just park anywhere and I have now seen some of their signs up. However at the time I didn't see their signs and because my brother was just visiting to do some work on the house I told him to park right in the space behind my house because id never seen anyone using the space and thought it was fine as he wasn't going to be long.
    I also feel that £60 or £100 is ridiculous amount to pay.
    I was thinking of trying to find out which flat owns the space and talking to them to try and drop it?
    Any suggestions please?
    Tags: None

Re: I recently received a parking charge notice from Met Parking Services

So the first thing to look at is what does your lease say about parking. And then some photos of the signs

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      So the first thing to look at is what does your lease say about parking. And then some photos of the signs

Well apparently we are freehold but because our back garden leads onto the gated complex and we get use of the facilities we pay a service charge to them. I had a look through our documents but couldn't find anything about parking in the complex.
      Ive attached some pics of the signs and some bits I found in the agreement but its only about our 1 parking space at the front of the property.
      I also noticed that there are actually quite a few signs about stating about being a permit holder.

Comment

Ok so I think I've managed to attache some pics below. thanks very much
        Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X