Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peninsula Business Services

• Display
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Peninsula Business Services

Can anybody help getting us out of this contract with Peninsula Business Services? We are a tiny business and have been done like a kipper. Peninsula Business Services sold a policy to a small grassroots company that we never needed. We are now financially on our knees to Peninsula Business Services. Despite contacting them and being over £12K in the red Peninsula Business Services still take their monthly payment and refused to even look into our case. We have never even used the services of Peninsula Business Services as we really have no need to, nor the capacity. Now 18 month into the contract we are being left devastated and on the brink of financial ruin. Any help would be appreciated immensely, because this contract with Peninsula Business Services is having such an impact to our small organisation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Re: Peninsula Business Services

Just had a meeting with them, not helpful at all. Boasted how good their service was and how 98% of customers recommend them. A google review would be worth doing let them know what you think https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...-8#q=peninsula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Confused with your link ? 125 google reviews, majority positive. 361 glassdoor reviews, majority positive 12,000 Feefo reviews, majority positive surely you'd want people to avoid this if your looking to promote a bad image. Better off explaining why they weren't helpful? Why did they come out to see you if they aren't going to help you? I'm not and never have been a user of the service but aren't we suppose to be business people in here not a playground ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I think the point Curthdog was steering toward was that the link demonstrates what happens when you type in Peninsula, to Google, in that, there should be negative comments which appear alongside the positive points, in order to provide a balance to potential and existing customers.

I agree with TrollHunter; its very difficult to get to the bottom of the problem if the problem is not disclosed. It is not helpful for readers of this post, not to explain what actually happened in meetings with Peninsula. The meetings obviously take place because you have agreed to try to solve the issue and Peninsula have showed an interest in resolving, whether it be for commercial or other reasons. Readers with similar issues will be very interested to know how the meeting went, what the issues were, what was resolved, if anything and how you chose to proceed next.

Posting negative reviews does not solve the issue, talking about the issues will benefit those who are not happy with their Peninsula Business...Service.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The three-minute meeting did not go well really, despite explaining our serious problems and issues with the contract. There was no way out of the contract, I said I would take the matter further with lawyers and seek some advice. That is what I am looking to do at the moment. All Penisula referred to was there outstanding reviews they have received on Goggle.

It is only when you delve further into the reviews do you realise I am not the only disgruntled customer.

Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)

How far into the contract are you? Make sure you do give your notice in writing, recorded post, at least six months before the end of the five years.

Are you receiving the services that you signed up for ?
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors and Legal Services Providers offering fixed fees on our sister site - LBcompare.co.uk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Statistics can prove anything!

So we can try and assist you, what exactly is the issue with Peninsula and where do you see they have gone wrong?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How far into the contract are you? Make sure you do give your notice in writing, recorded post, at least six months before the end of the five years.

We are 18 month into the contract. We have put in writing we want to terminate the contract. We have professional legal guidance and are waiting for their feedback.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

OK, so... 18 month into a 5 Year Contract?

When did you sign the Contract?

What type of Contract, Health and Safety, Employment, Additional Insurance Policy, which of these elements were in your Contract?

Face 2 Face Contract agreement or Remote Contract Agreement?

Did you see Sales Literature prior to signing the Contract?

Did you attend one of their Seminars?

What made you sign the Contract; Sales Pitch from Salesman, Literature, Telephone Call, Seminar or something else?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you Leaflitter,

We have professional legal guidance and are waiting for their feedback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You still haven't answered the question we've asked.

What is the problem you have?

I can't honestly believe you had a meeting for 180 seconds. Take the emotion out of your posts and give us usable info.

Now, if you've been with them for 18 months your argument that they've done nothing for you is, in my opinion not valid. If they had not provided any service since you singed a contract with them, they would not be able to chase you as they've not provided the service you signed for. So question one from me is HONESTLY! What service / assistance have they provided?

Question two, as a small non-profit org, why did you sign up to a five year deal? Was it purely as it's the cheaper option

Question three - what help do you want from the LB thread? If your already seeking legal help what more can we offer?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post

What is the problem you have?

I can't honestly believe you had a meeting for 180 seconds. Take the emotion out of your posts and give us usable info.

Now, if you've been with them for 18 months your argument that they've done nothing for you is, in my opinion not valid. If they had not provided any service since you singed a contract with them, they would not be able to chase you as they've not provided the service you signed for. So question one from me is HONESTLY! What service / assistance have they provided?

Question two, as a small non-profit org, why did you sign up to a five year deal? Was it purely as it's the cheaper option

Question three - what help do you want from the LB thread? If your already seeking legal help what more can we offer?
    It is in good hands now. I will let you know, when I hear anything. Thank you.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Curtydog View Post
    We have professional legal guidance and are waiting for their feedback.

According to the Complaints Procedure on their website you can refer a complaint to the FOS. That might be a cheaper option than paying for professional legal advice at this stage (unless they've sent you a Letter Before Claim which needs to be taken seriously).

If you are seeking advice from a solicitor perhaps you should ask them whether there were any unfair terms in the contract which could help you to wriggle out of it.

It's difficult to make suggestions without knowing the facts.

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SME needs assistance View Post
    What is the update of a Class Action against Peninsula as discussed on here before?

Thank you in advance. Please hurry I've only got a few days before they sue.
    Have you been sent a Letter Before Claim? Your post was a month ago so what has happened since then?

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not yet Di, going to wait for the solicitors advice which we are getting for free.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)

Perhaps I can assist.

None by the sounds of things. It works like an insurance policy ie you pay not knowing whether you'll need the use the services. The problem with Peninsula's contracts are that unlike most insurance policies you are locked into them for a ridiculous 5 years without a cancellation clause and the policy auto-renews unless you cancel within 6 months of the end of the 5 years. In my view these policies should not be marketed to small businesses.

See above.

The purpose of this forum is to enable people to share and discuss information, views and experiences.
    Well, she's walking through the clouds, with a circus mind that's running wild
    butterflies and zebras, and moonbeams and fairy tales
    that's all she ever thinks about
    riding with the wind.

When I'm sad, she comes to me, with a thousand smiles she gives to me free
    it's alright, she says it's alright, take anything you want from me
    anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Curtydog View Post
    Not yet Di, going to wait for the solicitors advice which we are getting for free.
    Does your business have insurance and is Legal Expenses Cover included in it?

Di

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EXC View Post
    Perhaps I can assist.

None by the sounds of things. It works like an insurance policy ie you pay not knowing whether you'll need the use the services. The problem with Peninsula's contracts are that unlike most insurance policies you are locked into them for a ridiculous 5 years without a cancellation clause and the policy auto-renews unless you cancel within 6 months of the end of the 5 years. In my view these policies should not be marketed to small businesses.

See above.

The purpose of this forum is to enable people to share and discuss information, views and experiences.
    "Not by the sound of things" is the same vague response already posted by Curtydog, if you've been paying for a service for 18 months and they not provided one phone call, letter, visit etc then a. Why have you paid for so long and b. They couldn't pursue you for the contract amount as they've not provided any service. So we'd still need to know the facts.

I'm also confused where your getting your info that the contracts work like insurance policies? Even reading the contracts posted on this site and from their own admission the insurance is an option and so is the contract length. So being locked in to 5 years is a decision being made by a business owner is it not? Why not ask for a 12 month contract?

As with all contracts it does have a cancellation policy within it? Just search for peninsula in here and you can read a contract.

Regardless of the size of business you surely would read a contract before signing as I would? This is a poor excuse

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)

"Not by the sound of things" is the same vague response already posted by Curtydog
    See post #1 by Curtydog '' We have never even used the services of Peninsula Business Services ''.

Why have you paid for so long
    See post #17 ''The problem with Peninsula's contracts are that unlike most insurance policies you are locked into them for a ridiculous 5 years without a cancellation clause''

They couldn't pursue you for the contract amount as they've not provided any service
    They could and they do - see above.

Even reading the contracts posted on this site and from their own admission the insurance is an option and so is the contract length. So being locked in to 5 years is a decision being made by a business owner is it not? Why not ask for a 12 month contract?
    Because Peninsula insist on a 5 year minimum contract term.

As with all contracts it does have a cancellation policy within it? Just search for peninsula in here and you can read a contract.
    The cancellation terms are as described in post #17 ie you can only cancel in the last 6 months of the 5 year term.

Is that clear enough for you?
    riding with the wind.

anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow the hostility from EXC lol!

Ok so I'm trying to determine whether Curtydog has never had to call their advice line, emailed their advisers for any reason in an 18 month period. Unless your partners and work with Curtydog EXC I would say your word and answers are guess work at best? So, are you also a partner with Curtydog? If so then I'll take your word you've had no service, if not then please let them answers and pipe down.

My second question has no mention of the 5 year term your so fixated on, it was in terms of paying for a service for 18 months when they have not done anything for you. If, since signing in the dotted line you've not heard from them since, they would not have a leg to stand on chasing for payment, if they are chasing it would leave me to believe they've provided a service of some sort.

Peninsula "insist" on a 5 year term!! This Has to be the most laughable post I've read in here! They could insist I hop on one leg and jump through fire hoops but it doesn't mean I do it! Do one google search, read the posts where people claim they were only offered a 5 year agreement And you'll see straight from the horses mouth they offer 12 months up to 60 month terms.

The cancellation policy is a standard term isn't it? When I cancel my gym membership I have to give notice, when I want to leave Sky TV I have to give notice. I could go on and on, the issue is you've not read that it's for 5 years, you've not read that's it's 6 months before the end and you've signed it. It that's anyone's fault but your own?

Now EXC to be 'clear' unless your a partner with Curtydog please could I hear from them and not you?

We are here to help and support, without Curtydog input that's difficult.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 16th January 2017 at 11:09:AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)

Peninsula "insist" on a 5 year term!! This Has to be the most laughable post I've read in here! They could insist I hop on one leg and jump through fire hoops but it doesn't mean I do it! Do one google search, read the posts where people claim they were only offered a 5 year agreement And you'll see straight from the horses mouth they offer 12 months up to 60 month terms.
    Really? Do you have a link to the horse's mouth then?
    riding with the wind.

anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hi CurtyDog,

How is your legal advice going? Have you had any responses yet?

It would be nice if you would write a bullet point summary about your issues with our friends Peninsula. This would help crystallize your issues and make things clearer so that newcomers to the threads about Peninsula can pickup easily what is happening. I am sure that would have assisted you.

Really keen to know how you are getting on.

Mentioned
    873 Post(s)

tagging @Curtydog xx
    Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of.

It doesn't matter where your journey begins, so long as you begin it...

recte agens confido

~~~~~

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is kati@legalbeagles.info
    But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.

Specialist advice can be sought via our sister site http://lbcompare.co.uk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thank You

Mentioned
    873 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leaflitter View Post
    Thank You
    no problem :yo: xx
    Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of.

It doesn't matter where your journey begins, so long as you begin it...

recte agens confido

~~~~~

I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is kati@legalbeagles.info
    But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.

Specialist advice can be sought via our sister site http://lbcompare.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast