• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of immobilisation sticker but no clamp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of immobilisation sticker but no clamp?

Hi,

I am currently dealing with a bailiff (or not ) regarding council tax. I have had over 4000 arrears over the last 3 years, but I am pleased to say I am up to date or so I thought. It seems to be every August/September the council tax pass any arrears accounts to bailiffs.

For the year 2016/2017 I was up to date for the first time in forever, however I have missed a few payments due to losing my job and having difficulty claiming benefits. Council tax then passed bill to bailiffs requesting the full years payment (up until March 17).

Anyways, I am now back working. Tried to speak to council tax but they say nothing they can do as with the bailiffs, I have been here before. I have been awaiting them to pass back to council tax so that I can pay what I owe direct to them. The bailiff has been 3 times and not accessed my property.

Last night he knocked my door again, I politely asked him to put correspondence through door, gave me the usual acquittal prison jargon blah blah. Anyways following this he knocked my neighbours door asking questions, he then proceeded to put a warning of immobilisation sticker on my car windscreen, which was parked on road not my driveway. Confused as no clamp, but a sticker stating a device attached to my car to prevent it being moved!! No device so I have moved it for now. I have not confirmed any ownership of a vehicle with bailiff and as no clamp I don't believe I have done anything wrong by moving it.

Can anyone advise me on this as I can't seem to find anything online apart from it possibly being a new tactic, e.g., by calling and querying the sticker would give Barry bailiff enough to believe vehicle is yours.

What do I do next, please help!!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X