• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Restons / Arrow / Paragon v marketsqhero

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons / Arrow / Paragon v marketsqhero

Originally posted by marketsqhero View Post
    The particulars are below:

The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and Paragon dated on or about May 31 1994 and assigned to the Claimant on Sep 26 2012

Particulars a/c no - 55433770

Date - 26/07/2016

Item - Default Balance
    Value - 17833.52

Item - Post Refrl Cr
    Value - NIL

Total - 17833.52

There is also Court Fee of 802.51 and Legal Costs of £100 to add.

I'm not sure I understand what the date reference of 26th July 2016 relates to in the POC which you typed up in your first post.

Can you explain that?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      Both of you must go online and file your Acknowledgement of Service(s) stating that you intend to defend all of the claim.

Di
      Hi,

Doing that now. I assume I don't intend to contest jurisdiction of the claim made against me?

Thanks

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
        I'm not sure I understand what the date reference of 26th July 2016 relates to in the POC which you typed up in your first post.

Can you explain that?

Di
        Hi

Not sure, the first letter we had was dated 10th August and was from Arrow stating that the management of the account had been transferred to Restons with a header of "Notification of Account Transfer to New Agency".

Basically telling us that all correspondence should be directed to Restons with their details.

August 17th was the first letter from Restons stating they were acting on behalf of Arrow.

I have no idea what the 26th July 2016 refers to, Arrow have allegedly held the account since 26th September 2012.

Regards

Darren

Comment

Hi,

Doing that now. I assume I don't intend to contest jurisdiction of the claim made against me?

Thanks

Darren
          Just a quick bump on this as I want to get the AoS sent.

Thanks for any help

Darren

Comment

I assume I don't intend to contest jurisdiction of the claim made against me?
            No you don't contest jurisdiction unless you're living in Scotland.

Make sure both AOS are filed - yours and your ex-wife's.

Di

Comment

Well thanks to help and assistance from Joanna Connolly Solicitors, Restons have ceased action and discontinued their claim.

Comment

Great news marketsqhero Do you know what scared them off from continuing in the end, or just the mere mention of Jo ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I got a very reasonable rate from Jo as she had to file full defence as they wouldn't back down initially. They ended up backing down eventually. A lot more information came to light after I sent SAR to Paragon which I've started another thread for. My next course of action is to potentially take Paragon to court if I need to, to reclaim the over-payment of £8,000 plus Statutory for the money they took off me which they weren't allowed to (No PJI) and for selling a debt which didn't exist and forcing me to pay to defend a CCJ claim which was invalid.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...aragon-Finance

Comment

Well thanks to help and assistance from Joanna Connolly Solicitors, Restons have ceased action and discontinued their claim.
                    So Arrow won't be getting £18k from you and presumably they'll have to pay Restons their legal costs too.

Happy Days

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X