• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met parking charged wrongly please help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met parking charged wrongly please help!!

I visited a friend in London to meet their new baby the drive is over an hour so as I have a bowel condition I had to stop 10 mins from her home to use the mc Donald's toilet. I was there for 10 mins. I then visited my friend and came in to the drive thru at the same mc Donald's (didn't park this time) anyway a week or so later I get a fine saying I was there for a number of hours which is untrue however their camera caught me going in the first time and put the second time. I appealed they declined the appeal but I wasn't notified of this in writing so anyway the next this I know I'm getting a letter from a debt collectors and they are refusing to give me the POPLA code! Please someone tell me you can help this fine is now £160 and I'm just not able to pay that nor do I want to as it's not a fair fine if
    I had committed an offence then fine but I haven't!
    Tags: None

Re: Met parking charged wrongly please help!!

Surprised either MET or popla didn't help you out with a double dip to be honest. Unless they said you weren't a customer (the 1st time )

Have you contacted McDonalds management?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Surprised either MET or popla didn't help you out with a double dip to be honest. Unless they said you weren't a customer (the 1st time )

Have you contacted McDonalds management?

M1
      Hi M1,

it was met parking who fined me originally via their camera system although they don't actually have a picture of me parking

Comment

Got that. It's McD land though so they have a say.

Other than that it's either ignore and hope it goes to court or becomes statute barred, or pay when you don't owe.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          Got that. It's McD land though so they have a say.

Other than that it's either ignore and hope it goes to court or becomes statute barred, or pay when you don't owe.

M1
          So should I contact mc Donald's? It's gone past the appeal stage and even though they haven't sent me a letter the won't send me a POPLA code. Am I likely to get a ccj if I don't pay it? Or my car towed?

Comment

So should I contact mc Donald's?
            100% but make it a manager if you want the best chance of cancellation. Also it was 2 visits so don't say i just stopped to use the loo 1st time as they may be less inclined to help.

It's gone past the appeal stage and even though they haven't sent me a letter the won't send me a POPLA code.
            Is this missing post or did they give an excuse as to why no letter ?

Am I likely to get a ccj if I don't pay it?
            You would have to lose in court, then not pay within 28 days.

Met, as yet, do not do court. http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/MET_P..._Services.html although they get 6 years to change tack.

Or my car towed?
            So if you lose in court and refuse to pay then eventually that's a slim possibility. Without a court loss and refusal to pay, it's illegal to tow away a car without statutory powers, which a private parking company do not have.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X