• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice - MET Parking Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice - MET Parking Services

Hope someone can give me some advice please.
    I have occasionally parked and West Ruislip Station when catching the tube / train into town. It is usually an extremely busy car park and many cars often parked outside the unmarked bays where there are no visible restriction lines and they do not cause any obstruction.
    I did this recently as i have on numerous occasions of the past years, only this time to find a PCN for £100 siting Railway byelaw 14 (out of bay)
    As i said, i was not obstructing anyone or causing any access problems. I paid my already expensive parking charge on the day (£10)

Is there any way around this please or should i just grin and bare it!!

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice - MET Parking Services

Originally posted by Lurfer View Post
    Hope someone can give me some advice please.
    I have occasionally parked and West Ruislip Station when catching the tube / train into town. It is usually an extremely busy car park and many cars often parked outside the unmarked bays where there are no visible restriction lines and they do not cause any obstruction.
    I did this recently as i have on numerous occasions of the past years, only this time to find a PCN for £100 siting Railway byelaw 14 (out of bay)
    As i said, i was not obstructing anyone or causing any access problems. I paid my already expensive parking charge on the day (£10)

Is there any way around this please or should i just grin and bare it!!

Many thanks

Sanitise and post the PCN & signs too if you can.

M1

Comment

i have removed my details and attached the PCN as requested
      I dont have any pics etc of station signage
      Many thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Wait for the notice to keeper to arrive (between 28&56 days)

M1

Comment

Ok thank you.
          Are you suggesting that there is possible way around this even if i receive the notice to keeper within the timescale?
          Obviously my concern is that the fine escalates to a max of £100 after 14 days

Thanks again

Comment

Are you suggesting that there is possible way around this even if i receive the notice to keeper within the timescale?
            Keeper liability can not take effect on relevant land such as land covered by byelaws. Unless you tell them who was driving they're in trouble. http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...for-years.html

Obviously my concern is that the fine escalates to a max of £100 after 14 days
            That fear is what makes private parking companies vast sums of money.

M1

Comment

Hi there
              I have now received the Notice to Keeper. Please can you advise what i need to do now?

Many thanks

Comment

So that is well outside the 56 days to hold the keeper liable inder POFA, but then POFA does not apply as it is not relevant land.

What are they claiming your offence was in the NTK?

Comment

Can you post it up (sanitised but leave the dates)

M1

Comment

Hi there
                    Sorry my mistake, i have only received a parking charge reminder notice.
                    It is addressed to the company i work for as it is a company lease vehicle, but they do not have confirmation of the driver.
                    I have attached this anyway, so would be grateful if you can let me know how to proceed now

Many thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

They are using the byelaws.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ay-byelaws.pdf

You are out of time to appeal.

You can do 3 things.

1. Play letter ping pong to get past the 6 month deadline to take it to court under the byelaws.

2. Ignore everything except court papers. (which 99.9% won't arrive) and get past the 6 month deadline.

3. Pay.

I'd go for 2 myself.

M1

Comment

Mystery, are you sure they are using byelaws? The notice is Parking Charge Notice and not Penalty, there is a mention of POPLA and they are mentioning debt recovery agents? I think they would like you to believe they are using byelaws

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                          Mystery, are you sure they are using byelaws? The notice is Parking Charge Notice and not Penalty, there is a mention of POPLA and they are mentioning debt recovery agents? I think they would like you to believe they are using byelaws
                          Says so on the Notice to driver.

In all likelihood this is going nowhere near either court.

M1

Comment

Hello,
                            I have now received the following letter. Please can you advise if i need to do anything further or sit tight?
                            Attached Files

Comment

The 6 month deadline is only a few weeks away. Sit tight.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X