• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of issue of warrant of control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of issue of warrant of control

Hi,

I'm in need of some help for my mother. She has received a warrant of control letter it is addressed to her previous address. It is saying Cabot financial she doesn't have anything on finance and never has. I'm unsure what to do as she has moved but only 6 doors away from her previous home. She hasn't received anything else regarding this just the warrant of control letter. Any advice would be appreciated?
    Tags: None

Re: Notice of issue of warrant of control

I've just been on her credit reports and this relates to 2010. It's the only thing on her report beside phone contract. She has a ccj judgement against her as well. She has till the 21st and then the bailiffs come out. Thanks

Comment

What does the debt relate to?

Comment

Originally posted by Deedee1808 View Post
        I've just been on her credit reports and this relates to 2010. It's the only thing on her report beside phone contract. She has a ccj judgement against her as well. She has till the 21st and then the bailiffs come out. Thanks
        What is the original debt and the name of the creditor.
        Is the CCJ in regard to this warrant? i.e. is it Cabot.

Which solicitors is involved?

How much is allegedly owed.

nem

Comment

Sounds like one of the usual SB Debts. When did she move? If you can answer the previous questions then the Bailiffs can be sorted quite easily.

Comment

Vanquis, the ccj is due to this warrant for £496.09. How would I find out what solicitor it's from the only thing she's had is the notice of issue of warrant of control. She moved June of this year.

Comment

When was the CCJ awarded?

Comment

In July I think.

- - - Updated - - -

4th of July.

Comment

Has she checked her credit file? Noddle is free, if going with Experian then remember to cancel before she gets charged. The CCJ will likely show up but would be interested to see if it says anything else. Cabot will be those who have probably bought the original debt, does she have any recollection of owing anyone from way back - credit card, catalogue etc.

Comment

I've checked on noddle and experian and she has nothing but this one debt. It was taken out in August 2010. The only other thing is her phone contract which is all up to date. I really could use some advice do I go to the court and disput the ccj for her? Or do I ring the company and ask for details of the debt?

Comment

Others are better at dealing with the debt than I am but if it were me then I would be ringing Cabot for some details & in particular who the original debt was with & when last payment was made. Once you have some answers then you can deal with the Bailiff who should be from your local County Court - in the meantime download Form N245 from HMCTS website - also won't harm to also download EX160a & EX160c in case they are needed.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Restons solicitors regarding debt in August 2010

Comment

Advice still needed. Rang the court today and they have said to ring resting. I have left 3 voicemails and no return, what should I do now?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X