• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj lowell portfolio 1 ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ccj lowell portfolio 1 ltd

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
    Any advice???

Comment

see she has looked in maybe she will return to give advice??

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        see she has looked in maybe she will return to give advice??
        Thank you again, just concerned with time limits now on their letter

Comment

I'll give [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] a shout.

Comment

@joga6970 I've redacted the personal information from the docs you uploaded in post #42 and put them into the PDF attached so they're easier to read.

In the meantime:

1) When did you make the CCA and CPR requests?
            2) Did you ever receive responses to your CCA and CPR requests?
            3) They claim was stayed in December 2016 and is still stayed?
            4) Can you post up the particulars of claim?
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, not overly sure what I'm doing. Hope that someone can give me some advice

Comment

Originally posted by joga6970 View Post
                Thank you, not overly sure what I'm doing. Hope that someone can give me some advice
                It's ok I'm sure someone will be able to help today. Can you answer the questions I added to my previous post?

Comment

Sorry, I did CCA and CPR within the time limits, received letter saying that they would be in touch once they had it, nothing received so filed my defence within time limits then checked with court who said it was stayed.

Rung last sat week and it still stayed.

off to work now so will check all later but thanks for help, very kind

Comment

Morning xx They have certainly taken their time providing these documents to you. Really its' a matter of deciding if you want to fight them or settle. It gets to be a bit of a game of chess at this stage. They may never get round to applying to lift the stay, or they might do it after the 'deadline' they have given you.

They will still need to provide copies of the Default Notice and the Notice of Assignment, also the full terms of the account ( though the prescribed terms are present on the agreement) at the start and end of the account, before they can go forward with the claim, but they could produce those at any point. They will have to apply to lift the stay and explain to the court why the delay of course, but if you did want to settle it now is a good time to look into it.

They haven't offered much of a discount (just removed court fees by the look of things) but as you have concerns over your job being affected if you should get a CCJ, and also your credit file, you could probably negotiate that down further and still pay by installment without them applying to lift the stay and go for a judgment. Making installment payments now wouldn't prolong the time this shows on your credit file, it would still fall off 6 years after it defaulted ( in 2012?2013? (I can't see the date anywhere ) so should fall off in the next two years). If you do negotiate then you need to make sure you get the agreement for full & final settlement, without proceeding with the claim, in writing before paying anything. If you did do a lump sum settlement of course you could probably get a better discount and the credit file would be marked as Settled, which would improve the credit file a small amount, but really you won't see much improvement until it falls off 2018/2019. A settled account looks better for any potential mortgage lender though if you were looking into that.

Alternatively you can push on with your defence, reply and tell them you have received the documents, tell them they haven't yet provided any assignment or default notices and you would defend any attempt to lift the stay on the claim. Of course if you think you will be able to settle in full if they did come up with all the paperwork and were successful with their application to lift the stay you could just wait and see if anything does happen.

Just some thoughts anyway xx

POC
                    £1562.13 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant
                    under store cards, credit cards agreement regulated by the consumer credit
                    act 1974 between the defendant and vanquis bank plc under account
                    ref xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and assigned to the claimant on 15/02/2013 notice of which
                    has been given to the defendant.
                    the defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms
                    of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I can see nothing in that letter about their intention to make an application to the court to lift the stay. It simply says their WP offer will be withdrawn in 14 days if you don't respond.

Is there a second page to that letter and does it threaten anything?

Lifting the stay is more or less a formality as long as they pay, it's what would happen after that which you need to consider if they do decide to continue with the proceedings.

They could make an Application for a Summary Judgment (which would be done simultaneously with lifting the stay Application) and you would have the opportunity to contest that by filing your own WS in response.

You would be served with any SJ Application so you'd have the opportunity to consider your options at that stage.

Since the claim is stayed at NCCBC it would then have to be transferred to your local county court to deal with it. This may take weeks if not months depending on how busy your local court is.

Or they could simply apply to lift the stay but nothing more so the court (NCCBC) would send you a Directions Questionnaire to complete. That's a sort of 'admin' form where you provide information on your availability etc.

The DQ also gives you a box to tick if you wish to take advantage of the court's free telephone Mediation service where you can settle this without getting a CCJ (although the agreement would be legally binding).

Now that they have produced documents it may be wise to file an Amended Defence since they disclosed them after you filed your 'interim' Defence.

You would need permission from the court to file an Amended Defence or it can be agreed with the Claimant by consent. You have put them on Notice of this potential in your Defence (if you filed the LB Template Defence). And you warned them that you would expect them to pay the cost of doing that (Amended Defence).

B W Legal's offer letter is headed Without Prejudice so it cannot be raised in court.

Their letter also refers to sending you the Default Notice but I can't see it in your upload.

One question I have based on the POC is that it says this debt is for a "store cards, a credit card". Did you have more than one product with Vanquis which may have been amalgamated before the combined debt was sold to Lowell?

Particulars of claim

£1562.13 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant
                      under store cards, credit cards agreement regulated by the consumer credit
                      act 1974 between the defendant and vanquis bank plc under account
                      ref xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and assigned to the claimant on 15/02/2013 notice of which
                      has been given to the defendant.
                      the defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms
                      of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with.
                      Di

Comment

Sorry for delay so busy at work.

feeling quite overwhelmed with the response as really out of my comfort zone.

part of me says give up as I really don't know where to go from here but so appreciate everyone's time and help and patience. You all do an amazing job helping people.

i thought I'd succeeded with this but obviously not.

they never replied to my CCA or CPR just a letter saying they would try to gain the info I requested.

i can't actually see in their pack a default notice just my agreement, lots of typed up lists of how card was used and special invitation that is signed.

i have included a couple more pics of these and second page of letter.

there are two of the pages saying special invitation that is signed but both are same date so I don't understand, it looks like it's duplicated as it's identical and so is the list of transactions which total £1562.13.

Comment

Some more pics to help!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Some more pics to help!
                            Really unsure where to go from here, I'm not that good with things like this so was quite impressed I'd got this far.

if someone could put into steps what I do first then I might have some understanding of how to continue.

your help us so much appreciated so thank you again.

Comment

Really unsure where to go from here, I'm not that good with things like this so was quite impressed I'd got this far.

if someone could put into steps what I do first then I might have some understanding of how to continue.

your help us so much appreciated so thank you again.
                              Could anyone advise what I should do first I'm really confused with it all, still not sure I have a default notice as such either.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X