• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift Advance After Repo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Swift Advance After Repo

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
    It seems you made an application for an adjournment of the hearing and/or a stay of the proceedings. That application has to be decided by a DJ with the other party present so that they can object to any adjournment/stay and give the court their reasons.

There's a DJ ready and available for the hearing on Wednesday so that's the obvious time to hear your application.

If your application (to adjourn the hearing) is granted then you get to go home again after the DJ decides the next step.

If your application is unsuccessful then the hearing continues to decide whatever was planned to be argued before you made your application.

An application is only a request for something which can be accepted or denied by the court.

(Have you served a copy of your application on the other side?)

Di
    i understand now Di

thank you

i suppose i just have to keep my fingers crossed and pray it goes my way

Comment

Hullo again Diana,
      The other side has refused to agree to a stay/adjournment that is why sofi made the application with a statement of case and all supporting docs of the reasons for the application and asked for it to be placed before the judge without a hearing.

She has a back up plan ( A Defence) should the application be refused. We are hoping she will have the stay granted based on the attached exhibits to the application.
      If not she will be attending the hearing on Wednesday. We have done our best in the short time we had to try and help her, its in the Lap of the GODS.........and I don't meant Zeus , Odin and Thor ...I mean the ones that sit "on thrones" in this country
      Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
        Hullo again Diana,
        The other side has refused to agree to a stay/adjournment that is why sofi made the application with a statement of case and all supporting docs of the reasons for the application and asked for it to be placed before the judge without a hearing.

She has a back up plan ( A Defence) should the application be refused. We are hoping she will have the stay granted based on the attached exhibits to the application.
        If not she will be attending the hearing on Wednesday. We have done our best in the short time we had to try and help her, its in the Lap of the GODS.........and I don't meant Zeus , Odin and Thor ...I mean the ones that sit "on thrones" in this country
        Sparkie
        hope so Sparkie but am so worried and nervous about what may happen if the application is refused

Comment

Originally posted by sofi3353 View Post
          hope so Sparkie but am so worried and nervous about what may happen if the application is refused
          I wish I lived nearer sofi I would try my utmost to attend with you to give you some support and further assistance but I just can't be there for personal reasons.
          Sparkie

Comment

I wish I lived nearer sofi I would try my utmost to attend with you to give you some support and further assistance but I just can't be there for personal reasons.
            Sparkie
            that means alot Sparkie
            thank you so much

Comment

that means alot Sparkie
              thank you so much
              You are welcome sofi........as I said in my e-mails in case you do have to attend on Wednesday...........Take the 3 copies of Determineds presentation as your Defence.......... give one to the Court usher to give the Judge ( get there as early as you can) and give one to Swifts solicitor when he/she arrives and tomorrow spend your time reading digesting and fully understand what he is putting across, and I think Swift/Dentons will be in a little bit of a corner. Especially if the Judge assists you as he should under CPR 1 and is fair minded.
              Don't forget to sign in with the Court
              Sparkie

Comment

You are welcome sofi........as I said in my e-mails in case you do have to attend on Wednesday...........Take the 3 copies of Determineds presentation as your Defence.......... give one to the Court usher to give the Judge ( get there as early as you can) and give one to Swifts solicitor when he/she arrives and tomorrow spend your time reading digesting and fully understand what he is putting across, and I think Swift/Dentons will be in a little bit of a corner. Especially if the Judge assists you as he should under CPR 1 and is fair minded.
                Don't forget to sign in with the Court
                Sparkie
                will do Sparkie

i will have to go through them in order to understand my defence

just 1 thing what if the judge approves my application then do i still need to hand in the documents that Determined has sent?

Comment

will do Sparkie

just 1 thing what if the judge approves my application then do i still need to hand in the documents that Determined has sent?
                  No keep them back and don't give the Dentons solicitor we can make it a lot stronger later on ready for the hearing date the judge will set ...........that will after you get your SAR documents.
                  Sparkie

Comment

will do Sparkie

Hi Sofi

We will go through the documents together, when you have them in the morning.

try not to worry. It is a straight forward argument we are trying to convey.

I am confident you will understand it.

i think the Judge is expecting to see something about the charges and is expecting Swift to give detail.

Your document has something to say about charges and if the Judge agrees that there is some merit in your observations you are asking for a lengthy adjournment to better explore and articulate the point you are making and the get a legally qualified person to do it for you.

Regards

Determined.

Comment

Just an observation guys so it is understood, Sparkie seems to be saying only hand in the documents if the case goes ahead and DT seems to be saying hand them in regardless. I am of the belief they should just be handed in because it sounds like the hearing will be the time you will discuss an adjournment and the documents might strengthen the argument for the adjournment. Just my thoughts, all will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
                        Just an observation guys so it is understood, Sparkie seems to be saying only hand in the documents if the case goes ahead and DT seems to be saying hand them in regardless. I am of the belief they should just be handed in because it sounds like the hearing will be the time you will discuss an adjournment and the documents might strengthen the argument for the adjournment. Just my thoughts, all will be ok.
                        tnx Meelis.....

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Determined View Post
                        Hi Sofi

We will go through the documents together, when you have them in the morning.

try not to worry. It is a straight forward argument we are trying to convey.

I am confident you will understand it.

i think the Judge is expecting to see something about the charges and is expecting Swift to give detail.

Your document has something to say about charges and if the Judge agrees that there is some merit in your observations you are asking for a lengthy adjournment to better explore and articulate the point you are making and the get a legally qualified person to do it for you.

Regards

Determined.

thank you Determined

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
                          What I am saying is if sofi gets her stay ...............not to hand Determineds Defence
                          because
                          1. There will be nothing to defend.
                          2 Once sofi gets her SAR info Determineds defence will be able to be amended
                          3 She hands in her application first and only hands in her Defence if the application is refused
                          In any fight you do not use Plan B at the same time as plan A
                          Sparkie

Comment

Totally understand your reasoning Sparkie, was just mentioning that you and determined need to be singing off of the same sheet to reduce any confusion.

Comment

What I am saying is if sofi gets her stay ...............not to hand Determineds Defence
                              because
                              1. There will be nothing to defend.
                              2 Once sofi gets her SAR info Determineds defence will be able to be amended
                              3 She hands in her application first and only hands in her Defence if the application is refused
                              In any fight you do not use Plan B at the same time as plan A
                              Sparkie
                              hi Sparkie & Determined

i have just recieved an email and letter from the solicitor....
                              have emailed it to you Sparkie
                              have a read and let me know what you think

i have waited almost a week for the solicitor to get back to me and i still dont know if hes going to represent me

Comment

hi Sparkie & Determined

i have just recieved an email and letter from the solicitor....
                                have emailed it to you Sparkie
                                have a read and let me know what you think

i have waited almost a week for the solicitor to get back to me and i still dont know if hes going to represent me
                                You haven't sent me a copy of the e-mail sofi ............any way what is the name of the solicitors who sent you the email what does it say?
                                Can you forward me the actual e-mail?

Sparkie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X