• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift Advance After Repo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Swift Advance After Repo

tnx alot Di.....will keep you updated as soon as i know more

Comment

Maybe you can let us know Sofie what the likely area's of contention may be if they are considering settlement? If you could do that before they tie you up in a confidentiality order/agreement or it will be too late to tell us their weakness afterwards. If Swift are considering a settlement, it's only because they have a flawed defence, be nice to know what they think that is. Too many challenges get tied up with confidentiality orders or Tomlin orders after Part 36 offers and the rest of us are left wondering - don't compromise your position by posting up here of course, but if you are free to do so, it would be helpful.

Good luck anyway.

A1
      Seek your own legal advice, I am not trained in legal matters, just give my opinion from my own personal experience.

I am an original Cabot Fan Club member and proud of it.

Comment

Its great news Sofi definitely the right direction but not completely out of the woods. Did you get representation or is it all down to yourself? Did Swift supply anything to the courts in the timescale they were required to? Swift don't seem to do things without a reason so understanding that will help with your settlement, are they buying time, hoping you will make a settlement they aren't really entitled to without court or do they just know you have something that will hurt them. So many questions lets hope the answers lead you to a great finale.

Comment

yes i have representation....a very good solicitor who is also advices on this site.
          yes Swift did supply everything in the timescale they were required to.
          the only thing they have not provided as of yet is the underwriting sheet.
          they made a settlement of £20.000 instead off the £30.000 but i'm not prepared to agree to that so will be making a counter offer.

Comment

Thanks for getting back, obviously would like to see you do well so don't reveal anything that might jeopardise your situation but any ideas you or your advisor have will always be gratefully received. These bar stewerds have been harassing too many for too long and need bringing to their knees by somebody soon. That is quite a hefty reduction they have made as a first offer and you can bet it is still favourable to them for some reason so knowing what frightens them will give you a strong position in your counter offer, good luck I am sure there are a lot of victims rooting for you.

Comment

tnx Meelis

Comment

Swift won't back down on anything, not a penny, unless you have something which would wipe the whole thing out so you must have something significant. If they do want a confidentiality order attached to this, whilst I'd love to know what failings they have in your particular case, make them pay for it dearly in whatever deal they do if you are silenced!

If you are silenced, be sure to tell no-one as there is someone I heard about who had their deal revoked because they told people...just a word of warning!

If the outcome makes your life easier, then I wish you all the best with it.
                Good luck. You'll be glad to be rid of them.

A1
                Seek your own legal advice, I am not trained in legal matters, just give my opinion from my own personal experience.

I am an original Cabot Fan Club member and proud of it.

Comment

thank u Andrew

Comment

Sofi

On the agreements do you actually have a copy which is signed by the lender in all the appropriate places.

Comment

sorry but dont understand what you mean

Comment

Back on reply 29 you have a copy of your agreement. On page 1 and 3 is a box and an underline which should contain a signature of the lender but on your document it is blank. Is it blank on the original document ie not signed by Swift or is it just redacted so that it can be posted on the LB site.

Comment

Well Swift agreed to a stay for a month pending an agreement, are discussions still on-going or as an agreement been made? Very interested in Swift's attitude at the moment so any info would be gratefully received.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                            This seems to be heading in the right direction considering Swift were trying to evict you from your home at the start of this thread.

I'm really please to see you fight back and get somewhere.

The tide has turned

Di
                            thank u

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X