• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift Advance After Repo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swift Advance After Repo

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
    I can draft you it if you need me to.
    Sparkie
    yes please

thank you

i dont know what i would do if it wasnt for these forums and all the help im getting....i lost my mum on 23rd October and wouldnt have been able to cope with all this if it wasnt for these forums and all the help that i am recieving

thank you to each and everyone of you

Comment

Originally posted by sofi3353 View Post
      im not really sure of the date.....
      maybe the statement that has been uploaded will say what date what charge was applied

i will have to check papers to see exactly when i was getting a full statement

i do have a spreadsheet which someone did for me regarding the charges and ppi if thats any use
      If you look at Paragraph M of your agreement you will see that is says' papaphrased' in order to avoid interest being applied to any charge you should ' pay them at that date'. That date being the date Swift have to pay them or decide to charge them.

The only way you can do that is if you accept the implied interpretation that Swift will tell you about it. How can you pay for an attempted phone call for example if you do not know about it.

Swift never wanted people to know because that was not part of their business plan. The regulations changed in 2008 but before that you probably did not know what they were doing. Interest on those early charges will have mounted up.

That is how I see it. It is worth exploring.

I will tabulate it for you.

Regards

Determined
      Last edited by Determined; 14th November 2016, 16:13:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Determined View Post
        If you look at Paragraph M of your agreement you will see that is says' papaphrased' in order to avoid interest being applied to any charge you should ' pay them at that date'. That date being the date Swift have to pay them or decide to charge them.

The only way you can do that is if you accept the implied interpretation that Swift will tell you about it. How can you pay for an attempted phone call for example if you do not know about it.

Swift never wanted people to know because that was not part of their business plan. The regulations changed in 2008 but before that you probably did not know what they were doing. Interest on those early charges will have mounted up.

That is how I see it. It is worth exploring.

I will tabulate it for you.

Regards

Determined
        to tell you the truth i didnt know of anything until they took me to court and then i came for advice on forums and thats when i realised what they were upto

although i did doubt that how could a 12k loan have charges of 30k even after i paid them 23k

Comment

So sorry to hear about your Mum sofi............I know this must be affecting you even now.
          Sent this SAR to Swift ASAP any other info you think you should have just add them as extra request from 8 onwards.
          Sparkie

Your Name and address

Date……………
          The Data Controller
          Swift Advances Plc
          Arcadia House
          Warley Business Park
          The Drive
          Brentwood
          Essex
          CM13 3BE

Dear Sir
          DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

This Subject Data Access Request is made under sections 7, 8 & 9 of the Data Protection Act 1998, and by virtue of the Data Protection (Subject Access) ( Fees and Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations 2000 ( S.I.No 191).

1. Please supply all information from the date of the start of the relationship between ourselves and Swift Advances Plc to date under the joint loan agreement ( insert your agreement number here) including the full History Notes record

2. Please also supply all information that has been/may have been/could have with held from any previous Subject Data Access Requests that may have been made, including internal inter department e-mails. These are not subject to Legal/Litigation Privilege.

3. Please supply all information data and records that have been collected and stored by Swift Advances on the computer and computer including all information that was sent to Barclays Bank Plc at any time.

4. Please supply the amounts of commission and override commission that may have been paid to the broker Crystal Finance

5. Please supply all information that has been passed on to any and all third parties including copies of all telephone conversations and e-mails and faxes, for example, to and from Swift Advances plc

6. Please supply copies of any and all telephone conversations between myself and any employee of Swift Advances Plc, the encryption protection is waived as they are to be played on a CD player not a computer.

7. Please ensure that any document of which a copy is requested which may be refused, that the information contained in that said document is provided without any ommissions, such as underwriting information relating to commission payments.

8. I wish to add that this request for information is also made under section 3 of the New Fraud Act 2006.
          A Data Controller must ensure that all other statutes and regulations are adhered to when processing data, and the New Fraud Act is one of them.

9. With specific reference to point 1, will you please ensure that the History Notes are complete and any reference to a document named an Xdraw and movement transfer / assignment of our account to any third party, has not been removed/ tampered with, as I have been advised has happened in the past to other Swift customers.

I copy below for avoidance of doubt as to your legal duties under that Act

Section 3 of the New Fraud Act makes it an offence to commit fraud by failing to disclose information to another person where there is a legal duty to disclose the information. A legal duty to disclose information may include duties under oral contracts as well as written contracts. The concept of "legal duty" is explained in the Law Commission's Report on Fraud,

7.29 For this purpose there is a legal duty to disclose information not only if the failure to disclose it gives the victim a cause of action for damages, but also if the law gives the victim a right to set aside any change in his or her legal position to which he or she may consent as a result of the non-disclosure. For example, a person in a fiduciary position has a duty to disclose material information when entering into a contract with his or her beneficiary, in the sense that a failure to make such disclosure will entitle the beneficiary to rescind the contract and to reclaim any property transferred under it."

I enclose and attach the statutory fee for this request of £10, by way of Cheque, Number )
          Please respond within the statutory time frame of 40 days from receipt of this request and ensure that the respond is within the guidance of the ICO on SAR responses.
          https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...ccess-request/

Yours sincerely
          Last edited by Sparkie1723; 14th November 2016, 16:57:PM.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your Mum sofi............I know this must be affecting you even now.
            Sent this SAR to Swift ASAP any other info you think you should have just add them as extra request from 8 onwards.
            Sparkie

Your Name and address

Date……………
            The Data Controller
            Swift Advances Plc
            Arcadia House
            Warley Business Park
            The Drive
            Brentwood
            Essex
            CM13 3BE

Dear Sir
            DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

This Subject Data Access Request is made under sections 7, 8 & 9 of the Data Protection Act 1998, and by virtue of the Data Protection (Subject Access) ( Fees and Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations 2000 ( S.I.No 191).

1. Please supply all information from the date of the start of the relationship between ourselves and Swift Advances Plc to date under the joint loan agreement ( insert your agreement number here) including the full History Notes record

2. Please also supply all information that has been/may have been/could have with held from any previous Subject Data Access Requests that may have been made, including internal inter department e-mails. These are not subject to Legal/Litigation Privilege.

3. Please supply all information data and records that have been collected and stored by Swift Advances on the computer and computer including all information that was sent to Barclays Bank Plc at any time.

4. Please supply the amounts of commission and override commission that may have been paid to the broker Crystal Finance

5. Please supply all information that has been passed on to any and all third parties including copies of all telephone conversations and e-mails and faxes, for example, to and from Swift Advances plc

6. Please supply copies of any and all telephone conversations between myself and any employee of Swift Advances Plc, the encryption protection is waived as they are to be played on a CD player not a computer.

7. Please ensure that any document of which a copy is requested which may be refused, that the information contained in that said document is provided without any ommissions, such as underwriting information relating to commission payments.

8. I wish to add that this request for information is also made under section 3 of the New Fraud Act 2006.
            A Data Controller must ensure that all other statutes and regulations are adhered to when processing data, and the New Fraud Act is one of them.

I copy below for avoidance of doubt as to your legal duties under that Act

Section 3 of the New Fraud Act makes it an offence to commit fraud by failing to disclose information to another person where there is a legal duty to disclose the information. A legal duty to disclose information may include duties under oral contracts as well as written contracts. The concept of "legal duty" is explained in the Law Commission's Report on Fraud,

7.29 For this purpose there is a legal duty to disclose information not only if the failure to disclose it gives the victim a cause of action for damages, but also if the law gives the victim a right to set aside any change in his or her legal position to which he or she may consent as a result of the non-disclosure. For example, a person in a fiduciary position has a duty to disclose material information when entering into a contract with his or her beneficiary, in the sense that a failure to make such disclosure will entitle the beneficiary to rescind the contract and to reclaim any property transferred under it."

I enclose and attach the statutory fee for this request of £10, by way of Cheque, Number )
            Please respond within the statutory time frame of 40 days from receipt of this request and ensure that the respond is within the guidance of the ICO on SAR responses.
            https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...ccess-request/

Yours sincerely
            will print it of later and send it first thing tomorrow morning with a £10 postal order

it is still affecting me sparkie but what can i do
            i will probably ask the court to take it into consideration that i am still greiving

Comment

will print it of later and send it first thing tomorrow morning with a £10 postal order

it is still affecting me sparkie but what can i do
              i will probably ask the court to take it into consideration that i am still greiving
              I have added an extra point to the SAR.
              Put the PO number in where it says Cheque number and change it to PO number. keep the PO receipt and send it signed for Royal Mail.
              Keep your chin up.
              I hope pt comes back with his views and suggestions.
              Sparkie

Comment

I have added an extra point to the SAR.
                Put the PO number in where it says Cheque number and change it to PO number. keep the PO receipt and send it signed for Royal Mail.
                Keep your chin up.
                I hope pt comes back with his views and suggestions.
                Sparkie
                will do

thank you again

Comment

will do

thank you again
                  Good......One final question from me for tonight ..........have you ever received any correspondence from Swift on headed paper Eastern Counselling department.
                  Sparkie

Comment

Good......One final question from me for tonight ..........have you ever received any correspondence from Swift on headed paper Eastern Counselling department.
                    Sparkie
                    yes im pretty sure i have

Comment

SAR posted

what next???

Comment

SAR posted

what next???
                        Hi sofi,
                        Can you copy your letter from Eastern Counselling? and email them to Amethyst she will post them up for you. Or send them to me, I'll pm you my e-mail address right now.
                        Also can you give \determined this info he asked you for on his posts?
                        We need as much info as we can get.
                        Sparkie

Comment

Hi sofi,
                          Can you copy your letter from Eastern Counselling? and email them to Amethyst she will post them up for you. Or send them to me, I'll pm you my e-mail address right now.
                          Also can you give \determined this info he asked you for on his posts?
                          We need as much info as we can get.
                          Sparkie
                          will do....will have to find it first

what info does determined need??

Comment

See previous posts 38 & 47.

Sparkie

Comment

will do

Comment

emailed to you sparkie the eastern counselling letters that i could find

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X