• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DRP (Debt Recovery Plus)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRP (Debt Recovery Plus)

Hi Beagles,

I hope you can give me some advice here, as I am somewhat confused!

I have also attached the Notice of intended court action from DRP as it gives the additional information and next action I could face.

The issue I have with this is that although I have definitely parked at the station car park, and do so occasionally when I travel to town, I have not received any parking tickets from APCOA, and if they are telling me that they issued me the parking ticket on the 05/01/2016, why has it taken them nearly a year to get in touch with me to tell me this was the case?

If I HAD received the ticket, and was in the wrong I would have paid the fine, or if I felt aggrieved I would have followed the process to content it, but I really haven't heard anything from them.

I moved house in Feb to my new address (which I have blanked out of the letter) but the previous property was a family members who have been bringing the post to us regularly. Not once have they written to me, but the still managed to find my new address?

I am happy to pay the fine if I owe it, but I don't feel it fair that I am now on the receiving end of a £150 fine when I knew nothing whatsoever about the fine being in existence!

Any advice welcome!

OJB
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: DRP (Debt Recovery Plus)

Ignore. They are debt collectors trying to frighten you into paying.

So they are contending that a parking ticket was issued to your car. (Don't let it be known who was driving). It could have been from ANPR cameras. You could write to APCOA and ask why you, the keeper of the car, have received a letter from their debt collectors when you, nor the driver, have received anything previously.

This is a railway station so no doubt covered by byelaws and therefore they cannot use POFA to hold the keeper liable, only the driver, who they don't know and you don't tell them. You have passed the 6 months for any proceedings to start in the magistrates court.

Comment

Thank you Ostell

I will write the letter to APCOA and try and get to the bottom of it. In the meantime, could you please explain what you mean by
      You have passed the 6 months for any proceedings to start in the magistrates court.

Thank you!

OJB
      Last edited by OliverJames; 9th November 2016, 14:49:PM.

Comment

The problem is that due to the time you will not be granted a chance to appeal. As such file and ignore unless ACPOA send a proper letter before action or court papers. Given they rarely do court, it'll likely time out after 6 years (and a few more love letters). http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/APCOA_Parking_UK.html

At a train station it is likely that byelaws apply anyway and that has a 6 month time limit. https://popla.co.uk/

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

Even though the DRP letter states that it is a "notice of intended court action"? I know these letters are worded to scare. Can DRP issue any court action themselves?

OJB

Comment

There has been no assignment to them so no. (in the same sense we would say you cannot murder someone).

M1

Comment

and just to warn you, if you do nothing you will in due course receive a letter from Zenith Collections.
              It is actually just another desk in DRP's office,but they try and scare you!

Comment

Thank you Des,

Great insight. I will keep my eyes peeled for this letter and file it carefully with the other one. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

OJB

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X