• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED / settled in part ** Crying for help ! Please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crying for help ! Please!

Originally posted by Shann23 View Post
    Hi again, just before I go to bed...

CCA is ready and will get the PO tomorrow morning.. and for the CPR I requested the following:
    1:Agreement,
    2efault Notice,
    3:Assignment and
    4:Formal demand
    and will will attach a copy of the CCA request letter as well.. Am I right? @charityjnw
    Thank You!
    Note: The CCA request goes to the Claimant (Name/address per court claim form).
    The CPR request goes to the solicitors (per court claim form)

Not in the same envelope, read above

Comment

yes not in the same envelope.. ☺️ forgot to mention that. Thank You.

Comment

Hi again, I haven't sent the letters yet today as the lady at the post office couldn't understand about endorsing the £1 postal order?! (or maybe it was really me who doesn't understand?) payable to Cabot Financial UK LtD .. I got everything ready now.. can I just write at the back of the postal order "for statutory purposes only" as I was at work all day and no time to use my mobile to ask here .
        [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] .. sorry .. and thank you!

Comment

Yep.
          Just write clearly on the PO 'For statutory purposes only (Some say write on front, others on the back; why not do both!)

Cross-refer the letter & PO. (you don't want the PO to become 'separated' from the letter without a clear indication of it's purpose).

& being pedantic, I would change 'Assignment' to 'Notice of Assignment' on the CPR letter.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            Yep.
            Just write clearly on the PO 'For statutory purposes only (Some say write on front, others on the back; why not do both!)

OK done!

Cross-refer the letter & PO. (you don't want the PO to become 'separated' from the letter without a clear indication of it's purpose).

& being pedantic, I would change 'Assignment' to 'Notice of Assignment' on the CPR letter.
            Oh good thing I haven't sent the letter and will do it again...

uhmmm.. made me confused a little bit .. do I have to write "for statutory purposes only" on CCA request?? haha sorry the stupidity
            thanks again [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Comment

Just on the PO.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Okay thank you! sealed and ready to go.. will send 1st class signed for tomorrow.

Comment

Hi, just an update, I have sent the letters today first class signed for..
                  I will update again soon as I have their reply.. thank you.

Comment

Hi, I just tracked the letter and it was both received .... 🤔 I wonder how long usually it takes for them to reply?! I am just so stressed😔

Comment

Originally posted by Shann23 View Post
                      Hi, I just tracked the letter and it was both received .... 🤔 I wonder how long usually it takes for them to reply?! I am just so stressed😔
                      Try not to get stressed - Easier said then done, I know.

To answer your question, your guess would be as good as anyone's. Sometimes they never reply (happened to me) other times they are quick but send a load of **** trying to fob you off (they bend the rule to suit themselves) - Other-times it takes ages.

Best advice is to try to pace yourself and KEEP to the Courts timetable - this is a long and slow process for various reasons, unfortunately.

I am more seasoned now (still learning tho') but I was in your position a year ago. That claim for me took 9 months but I WON!

GOOD LUCK

Comment

[MENTION=81301]micro[/MENTION] 9 months?? wow! I am so glad you won! 😊 I wouldn't wish this situation to anyone! imagine the stress and sleepless nights😟 glad I found this forum! 🤗
                        oh well.. its a waiting game I guess😕

Comment

Hi , I just received a letter from the solicitors today .. I don't know how to upload the letter . it said though that "We believe you already "inspected" the documents to which you make reference because various dates in the past they would have been sent you by another party such as the original creditor.
                          We would be grateful if you could confirm what documents you have in your possesion/control relating to this matter to avoid duplication.
                          We acknowledge your request pursuant to Section 78 of yhe CCA 1974 . For the avoidance of doubt, this firm acts on its clients instructions, This firm does not hold the documentation you have requested, We have asked our client to provide them and will come back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime , the matter has been place on hold and no further action will be taken. "

what should I do next please? 😔

Comment

That sounds quite normal. You could respond to them thanking them for their letter, that you look forward to receiving documents from their client in response to your s.78 request, and that you confirm you are not in possession of a copy of (presumably) the Default Notice or Notice of Assignment ( and do not recall having received anything from either their client or the original creditor in the past) .

Did you send your CCA request to the claimant or their solicitors ? It sounds like they have passed it on anyway so not an issue.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

court system still continues they can hold on to anything they like, BUT the case continues just follow court instructions from now on, the solicitors tend to hope you believe them and they get the case won by default as you believe the case is on halt when it is not.

Comment

DELETED
                                Last edited by micro; 18th November 2016, 22:19:PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X