• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED / settled in part ** Crying for help ! Please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** DISCONTINUED / settled in part ** Crying for help ! Please!

I received a claim form from Mortimer Solicitors in behalf of Cabot Financial about the capital one amounting £500+ .. It' is not on my credit file so I assumed it is statute barred?! please kindly help me of what to do regarding the claim form as it said I have 14 days to respond? please help.. thank you!
    Tags: None

Please help !

I don't really know where to post but I'll post it again here sorry ...

I received a claim form from Mortimer Clarke Solicitor in behalf of Cabot Financial and they are chasing for a capital one debt amounting £500+. I believed that this is already a statute barred as it is not in my credit file.
    I have 14 days to respond to the claim and I don't really know where to start , what letter to write Please kindly help me.

Comment

Re: Crying for help ! Please!

Hi Shann23 & welcome to LB.

I'll ask our @Kati (nicely ) to move this to the court claim section of the forum.

Meanwhile the following info would help.
      (Re statute-barred, when was the last time you paid into the account or acknowledged it in writing?).

Received a claim?
      Issue Date:
      Amount approx:
      Claimant:
      Solicitor:
      Original Creditor:
      Particulars of Claim: Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers
      Is the debt Statute Barred?
      List any letters you have sent:
      Any Other Info:
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Please help !

Answered on your other thread.
        http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...773#post688773
        [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] for info
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] thank you for your reply ..

Claim form received today 8th November
          Issue date is 7th November 2016
          Amount is £550 plus court fees
          Claimant is CABOT FINANCIAL LIMITED UK
          Solicitor MORTIMER CLARKE SOLICITORS
          Original creditor CAPITAL ONE

PARTICULAR CLAIMS

By an agreement between Capital One and the Defendant on or around 12/06/2006 ('the agreement') Capital One agreed to issue the Defendant with a credit card. The Defendant failed to make minimum payments due and the Agreement was terminated. The Agreement was assigned to the Claimant. THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS £550

thats all in the letter :-( please help? no letter sent yet and no communication with them no payment or whatsoever . -and no acknowlegement as well.

Comment

(Re statute-barred, when was the last time you paid into the account or acknowledged it in writing?).
            This info would help.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I didn't acknowledge anything in writing and no payment has been made .

Comment

When was the last repayment you made to the credit card, not Cabot

Comment

oh sorry.. last payment made was 2007/8 because of some problems arrived at that time ... :-(
                  Last edited by Shann23; 9th November 2016, 13:57:PM. Reason: incorrect date

Comment

[MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] can't really remember the last payment date to thw capital one but it is either late 2007 or earlier 2008 ..

Comment

Ok, getting there slowly but surely!
                      Can you prove (from your records) when the last payment was made?
                      Are you sure there have been no payments made via debt management plans or similar?
                      Are you sure that you have not given any written acknowledgement of this alleged debt in the last 6 years or more?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So 07/08 definatly statute barred by your dates if correct and unenforceable through the courts but unfortunately you will still have to go through the process of defending so you don't get a default judgment...

There a few letter to send out and that's an easy enough process and all templated can be found in http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-a-Court-Claim in green at the top off the page...

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] yes I am sure no acknowledgement or payment has ever been made or similar to that. and I was not in this country from April 2008 to March 2011 and no payment has ever been made to Capital or Cabot or anything similar.

Comment

[MENTION=69750]Stu[/MENTION] thank you for your reply.. I am not really in the right mind right now been crying and scared.. I am just starting to get my life back and then received a letter today.

do I have to go to the website they were saying to respond? what is the first letter to send and to who? thank you so much I appreciate you all taking the time to help me. I was young and stupid back then.

Comment

The first & most important step is to acknowledge the claim with the court.
                              You have received a claim pack from them; follow the instruction given (you can do all this on-line).
                              We can then move on to the next steps.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X