• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED / settled in part ** Crying for help ! Please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crying for help ! Please!

I cant believe this is still on going! Been through this myself and got a letter of discontinuance a few months later..just fighting lowelifes now to get the CF entries removed,,,

Comment

Originally posted by beaconsman View Post
      I cant believe this is still on going! Been through this myself and got a letter of discontinuance a few months later..just fighting lowelifes now to get the CF entries removed,,,
      sadly yes [MENTION=60657]beaconsman[/MENTION] I really don’t know what to do... ��

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t know if I can still log in to moneyclaim to check the status

Comment

That is truly awful, a few years on and we are in a much better position financially, hence trying a high street lender for a remortgage. We thought wed get accepted until we were declined. Got a copy of CF from experian and lowlifes, the conning gits have been reporting an entry that was all over (so I thought) in 2016. Letter already being prepared and sent tomorrow. I am home recovering from a motorcycle accident so also have my employer on my case as well, although I have legal representation on this front should they even think of trying anything..another story!

Comment

I really want to finish this once and for all ... I want to be sort out my personal things without any of this I wish you good luck to your full recovery and hopefully you sort out everything before Christmas

Comment

This is lowlifes we are talking about...if they have the audacity to report a closed file, to erase the balance to £0 (thereby writing it off) as I have said to my mortgage advisor, how can I pay them when balance is zero! I do not intend to as it took me a lot of fighting, stress etc to set them out, even Noddle agreed with my dispute and closed the file!

I Am using my time wisely and continuing my study with the open university and have lots to get done this week. Full Liability has been admitted by third parties insurers regarding the accident so thats less to worry about, if i cannot continue my job then its bit of a bigger claim....

Comment

Hi again [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] I called the Capital one and was given a number to call.. I called the number and it was cabot so i just hang up...�� I have checked the old paperwork and I think that £1 payment is for a CCA request ..

Comment

| Subject Access Request Letter OK Somebody being silly at capital one call centre, so send the SAR with a postal order for £10.00 Recorded delivery, they have to respond within 40 days to it and all the info should show on there?

Comment

itsnot on my credit file anymore, will it come back after contacting them? thank you..

Comment

no if after 6 years then cannot how again, concentrate on the case get that off

Comment

okay thanks [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] ,do I need to write a letter to Mortimer as well?

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] ��

Comment

@Amethyst

Comment

Hi all , is the letter below ok? please kindly check and let me know what to add or delete �� [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] can you help me with the Mortimer letter please? thank you ��

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Date: 14/11/2017

Dear Sir/Madam
                            Name xxxxxxxxxxxx
                            Account No:

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to the credit card account number above.

I would be grateful if you would provide me with the following :

1. Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.
                            2. A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to above account.
                            3. Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
                            4. Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

If you need any more information from me please let me know as soon as possible.

I enclose a £10 postal order to cover your fee.

It may be helpful for you to know that a request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998 should be responded to within 40 days.
                            If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at ico.org.uk

Yours Faithfully,

Comment

Morning xxx SAR letter looks fine, I'm just going to read back see what you're actually trying to acheive at the moment xxxx

Okay. Yes just send the SAR no need to do anything else at the moment unless you're going to be sitting on tentpegs until something happens and would rather be pro-active? in which case you could write to them inviting them to discontinue rather than wait for you to amend defence and ask fro a strike out now they have provided some docs ? I'd, personally, hang fire to see if they send another letter or you get the full picture from your SAR request response.
                              From their letter I don't think you have any particular urgency to respond so just a case of knowing they might be building up to go back to court to lift the stay and proceed so getting your ducks in a row for when/if they do. You may, once you've sussed the actual position out, have to amend your defence as you don't appear to have included Statute Barred in it initially.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I will get a postal order payable to Capital One later and send the SAR straightaway.
                                Thank You x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X