• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charge Notice from GEMINI Parking Solutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge Notice from GEMINI Parking Solutions

Hi All

I am a new member and just joined so apologies for any posts in the wrong place. I have received a penalty charge notice through the post from Gemini Parking Solutions London. The notice states that I exceeded my time limit and the notice has pictures from ANPR of my vehicle apparently showing the time my vehicle entered and left. It was dark and I can't recall seeing any notices but will check in the morning when I go back there. The time stamps look as though a child stamped it. The notice has given me 14 days to pay the lesser charge. The notice date served is the 2nd Nov 2016. Is it worth paying the lesser charge now or worth appealing against it. If appealing, what do I say? This was at a Burger King car park. Any advice and direction would be much appreciated. I have read some posts about appealing but were dated back between 2-5 years and the law may have changed by now.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Tags: None

Re: Charge Notice from GEMINI Parking Solutions

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...521#post636521

Last time i saw a Gemini ticket it failed to give time for service for the notice to keeper to be given which makes it useless and an almost certain win at popla if the drivers identity is unknown to them.

M1

Comment

thanks for the quick reply M1. The notice is within the period as the time of recording was 27th Oct and notice issues on 2nd Nov and I received on 4th Nov. They have the details of the registered keeper but no details on the driver as I haven't given them anything. However, in their notice at the bottom, it says "schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act, to recover the parking charge amount that remains unpaid from the keeper of the vehicle." I am going to visit the place for the signage and report back. Is it worth sending back the first appeal as in your link and start the process or pay the reduced amount? thanks.

Comment

Not the time limit for getting that notice but the time limit for the purposes of 9 (f)

(f)warn the keeper that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice is given

(i)the amount of the unpaid parking charges specified under paragraph (d) has not been paid in full, and

(ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver,

(6)A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so “given” for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales.

Pictures are still useful too.

This can be seen in action http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...808#post636808 although that was a case where they put a notice on the vehicle and as such para 8 applied (very similar to para 9).

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X