• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car trouble with selling trader.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car trouble with selling trader.

Ok thanks, Tools. I will head over the that thread now and say hi

Comment

Originally posted by Jambon1 View Post
      No, I paid both deposit and final amount on my debit card, not credit card due to the fee's he wanted to charge for the credit card process.
      Not being wise after the event, but as a pointer to others, it's always worth paying £100 deposit by credit card. If the merchant wants to charge you 5% extra on that £100, it's £5 very well spent. If the merchant won't take a credit card even though they have the facilities, they are probably up to something dodgy. If they don't have the facilities, obviously there's nothing you can do - but if they can take debit cards, they can take credit cards.

Comment

Unfortunatly this transaction was for £16,500 so paying an extra £825 for cc fees as legal protection is not really worth it in my case.

Comment

You misunderstand Jambon what Argy and myself are saying is pay £100 only by credit card, not the whole amount. That is the minimum amount you need to pay to be afforded the protection. Also, just thinking, was it a Visa debit card at all? If so , you may still have the same rights as Visa do offer the same for their debit cards as far as I know, check with your card issuer.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Ah, I get you now!... good idea, I will remember this last time.

Yes it was a Halifax Visa Debit card. Can you point me in the direction on what I need to do should I need to?

Comment

Best thing to do is contact your card issuer.

But also have a read here
              BBC NEWS | Programmes | Working Lunch | Visa debit card refunds
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Ok, thanks. I may just try this first if I get no joy from him.

After discussing the matter with him on the phone I have sent him an email confirming our discussions which he read at 1:30pm. He has since not replied. Now wouldn't you think a decent person knowing that he is in the wrong and wanting it sorted would deal with this as a matter of urgency and reply with a simple, "yes I have will send the cheque tonight or no **** ***" either way at least I get a response!

Here is the email i have sent to cover my back...

Hi XXXX,

Thanks for the call, I am sorry to hear of your issues which must be stressful for you and appreciate that this must also be a busy time for the business. I have therefore laid out below the details of our discussions for your comment with the intention to speed the process up for you.

Based on our discussions this morning on the telephone and agreement that I should book the vehicle into BMW for repair, I have spoken to the BMW Service Manager who has guaranteed repair of the vehicle, I have therefore made arrangements for the work.

Given that I have received a 40% reduction in the parts only cost of the repair from BMW the total you have agreed to pay is £1473.27 GBP inc. VAT. This is made up of the following breakdown;

ACC Bracket £23.58 exc. VAT less 40% from BMW = £14.15
                ACC Sensor £1536.17 exc. VAT VAT less 40% from BMW = £921.70
                Alignment of ACC £318.00 exc. VAT (labour not deductable)
                Sub Total exc. VAT = £1253.85
                VAT = £219.42
                Total Amount Payable = £1473.27 GBP

It was also stated that when I have had the issue resolved I could either contact you in order to pay BMW direct, or pay the invoice myself and request reimbursement. Given that I have had difficulty in contacting you because of your recent troubles can I ask that you therefore issue a cheque to me for the above amount today. This would enable me to clear the funds ready for me to pay BMW on the day of the repair. I am sure this would be less stressful for you given the circumstances. I will then forward the original invoice on to you recorded delivery for your records once the repair has been made.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me on ********* please leave a message if I am unable to answer.

Best Regards,
                He has not replied to this either which means I am probably going to pay the dealer then he is going to shaft me by not refunding the cost to me. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Jambon1 View Post
                  He has not replied to this either which means I am probably going to pay the dealer then he is going to shaft me by not refunding the cost to me. Any advice?
                  Originally posted by PKea View Post
                  After the run around you have had from him, I would be tempted to get him to send you the cheques payment etc, and then book the car in once you have funds.
                  I would also do all further correspondance in writing from now on, no more phone calls. Then you have evidence of all converstions between yourselves.

I wouldnt get too upset just yet that after 90 mins he hasnt got back to you.
                  I read lots of emails that I dont instantly respond to. I know he has been evasive but i would at least give him till Monday to respond to it.

PKea

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X