• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

break from screenwork? plus holiday pay problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• break from screenwork? plus holiday pay problem.

Is there a definite rule about being away from a screen. My work is simultaneously talking and typing. In a 10 hr day we have no breaks, only an unwritten rule of being allowed to go to bathroom/ and/ or make a drink every hour but sometimes we dont. Generally this is around 5 minutes. There are no other tasks to this work such as photocopying or paperwork followup.

I am getting more and more exhausted. The level of concentration required from looped/fed calls (the system is set so the phone answers automatically) plus other ongoing problems I have there, I feel I cant cope. Many of us find this a problem, we are overworked basically. So is any of this unlawful?

Holiday pay problem: its come to light that they are not paying holiday to the correct formula. Mostly all of us work varying hours due to staff shortages or holidays. Our contracts say we are given hours according to rota. Unyet they give us a figure based on what is mostly expected to work e.g I am predicted and expected to work 37 hours but invariably work 39, 41 etc. The last week of each month is the longest with more than 7 days and so 50/60 hours in that 9/10 days. I asked for a printout of running total and it was absolute gobbledegook. I could definitely see that they base my holidays on 37hours per week. Another member of staff told the company hers werent right and they said they would pay her any excess owed at the end of this tax year. I am in a union and they are not very good. I had to sit go through my wages slips and rotas and Im still lost. Who can I go to about this to get my facts straight?

Any help appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: break from screenwork? plus holiday pay problem.

If you are working more than six hours in a shift you the right to a statutory 20 minute break. https://www.gov.uk/rest-breaks-work/overview. You should look away from your screen for five minutes Ute's each hour. Preferably out of a window this is to allow your eyes to refocus at a distance. For holiday pay the rules are here. https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/entitlement.
    Last edited by seduraed; 2nd November 2016, 16:58:PM. Reason: Software error.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X