• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Question about my house after split... Bankruptcy/DRO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my house after split... Bankruptcy/DRO

Hi Everyone.

I am new to forum so please accept my apologies in advance. I have a question regarding my family home, and appreciate any help.

Here goes...

Me and my wife are separating (not getting divorced yet) and I am keeping the family house and our children are staying with me. She has agreed to transfer the mortgage/deeds to my name from a split, and gift me the house and any equity in it (about 50k total equity).

Am I correct in assuming this is OK as husband/wife can give/receive gifts from eachother tax free?

If she gets into any financial trouble in the future (both near and distant) would this have any implications on me and my house as she would effectively have no interest in them, in regards to bankruptcy/DRO?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X