• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrong financial links poor credit score

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong financial links poor credit score

Hi sorry if this is not in the right place. I am currently trying to re-build my credit rating so that i can obtain a mortgage. I have had a mortgage advisor look over my credit file and they are not sure why it is so low.

Yes I have a couple of bad things on there. I have 4 settled defaults (paid) two of which are due to drop off this month and two in Nov 2018.

Me and my father both have exactly the same name so i am constantly getting things removed that belong to him and not myself. He has a very poor credit rating at the moment.

On my credit file there is a financial link to my mother. Now I have never had any linked accounts with her. After several failed attempts. None of the credit agencies will remove this link. They keep saying i have a barclays current account with my mother and a mortgage. When in fact it is my father. I have tried countless times to explain that we have the same name but different dates of birth (God help people with common names)and they refuse to remove the link Could this have a negative effect on my credit rating as i an linked to my mother and then my father or would it just be that the 4 settled defaults are making it very low.

How should i go about removing the link now? Should i try and speak to barclays next?

Its very frustrating as I cannot get approved for a mortgage at the minute

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Wrong financial links poor credit score

Hi Stables89

Who is reporting this to the CRA?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Wrong financial links poor credit score

Originally posted by Stables89 View Post
      Hi sorry if this is not in the right place. I am currently trying to re-build my credit rating so that i can obtain a mortgage. I have had a mortgage advisor look over my credit file and they are not sure why it is so low.

Yes I have a couple of bad things on there. I have 4 settled defaults (paid) two of which are due to drop off this month and two in Nov 2018.

Me and my father both have exactly the same name so i am constantly getting things removed that belong to him and not myself. He has a very poor credit rating at the moment.

On my credit file there is a financial link to my mother. Now I have never had any linked accounts with her. After several failed attempts. None of the credit agencies will remove this link. They keep saying i have a barclays current account with my mother and a mortgage. When in fact it is my father. I have tried countless times to explain that we have the same name but different dates of birth (God help people with common names)and they refuse to remove the link Could this have a negative effect on my credit rating as i an linked to my mother and then my father or would it just be that the 4 settled defaults are making it very low.

How should i go about removing the link now? Should i try and speak to barclays next?

Its very frustrating as I cannot get approved for a mortgage at the minute

Thanks
      Good morning,

You need to make Formal Complaints to the CEO of each CRA that carries this link, you should send evidence that the link is incorrect.

Are any entries actually show accounts and joint with your mother? If so complaints should be addressed to the Data Controller of the company reporting to the CRA's.

I suspect the three main agencies Experian, Equifax and Call Credit are showing the same links + Noddle and Clear Score the free sites.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X