• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal Injury Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Injury Help

Hey everyone. Just looking for a little advice.
    My husband was knocked off his motorcycle in November last year after a car pulled out of a junction straight into his path.
    He had surgery and 5 months off work. The police have prosecuted the driver for driving without due care and attention, he was fined and had points on his licence. We have a witness who clarifies the accident was not my husbands fault.
    We are now almost a year since the accident an the third party;s insurers have still not admitted liability. Our solicitor started court proceedings last month apparently.
    We are now in a lot of debt due to his loss of earnings. He has been to see a medical expert who says he will be compromised in the job market etc due to his injuries, but wants to see xrays in november then again in another 12 months!
    We were hoping for an interim payment, but so far nothing. Is it just a case of waiting until the third party's insurers accept liability? Could we be waiting another year?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Personal Injury Help

Hi and welcome

I really can't see the third party insurers denying liability, when their insured was found guilty.

Court proceedings will take time.
    Ask the solicitor to push things along, especially if they were appointed by his own insurers or a no win no fee outfit.
    Remember solicitors(IMO anyway) seem not to have any understanding of urgency, and happily earn their money playing letter tennis with the opposing solicitors!

I wonder if the insurers are delaying matters in the hope that substantial debts will encourage your husband to accept a lowish immediate payout.
    I trust your solicitor is going for an interim payment whilst a full assessment and agreement on final indemnity won't be made until your husband's final condition is ascertained.

Trust his injuries have healed as well as can be, and dare I ask if he's back riding?

Comment

Thanks for the response Des8.
      The solicitor said they can't go for an interim payment until the third party insurers admit liability so we seem to be stuck? It was a solicitor appointed by his insurance company and Its been 12 months now and we are really struggling.
      Unfortunately hubby isn't riding again. He snapped his hand off his arm and had extensive surgery and cannot manage a clutch. We are looking at alternatives for him though. It hasn't put either of us off!

Comment

Do you know on what basis the third party insurers are denying liability?

Comment

No, we haven't a clue. Hubby has called the solicitor again this morning, and they said they have been issued with court proceedings and they are just waiting for a date now, so I really don't know what, if anything they have said. As far as we are aware they haven't confirmed or denied liability and are saying nothing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X