• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a court claim, I have no clue of what I am doing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received a court claim, I have no clue of what I am doing.

Originally posted by IceAgeIce View Post
    Fantastic thank you :-)

I've just had a peek at the template, I see it's only a few lines so would it be acceptable to hand write it rather than print?
    Yes that's ok but you need to keep a copy of everything you send as they will be needed If the claim gets close to a haering.

nem

Comment

If that happens will I need to actually go to court? I can't stand the idea of that happening.

Comment

You can, at any time up to & including a court hearing, seek to negotiate a settlement.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you , that is really reassuring :-)

Comment

what ever you do meantime do not give indication of the fact you may offer a solution as they will catch on and continue with the case

Comment

Thank you :-)

I am currently trying to respond to the claim on moneyclaim.gov.uk but I am continuously getting an error message:

An error has been encountered while trying to complete the requested action.

The reason it gives is:

The Gateway is currently unavailable. Unable to enrol user: ......................... Please try again later.

Comment

If that happens will I need to actually go to court? I can't stand the idea of that happening.
                The small claims hearings are not in open court, they take place in " chambers" ( the judges room) just the judge you and the claimants representative (if they turn up).

nem

Comment

I have just tried again to respond to this claim form online and I am still getting the same message :-( I have tried 3 times and each time it has given me a 'government gateway' key.......3 different ones now, so I am a bit worried that there is 3 different numbers attached to my name? I wonder if there is a way to telephone to respond?

Comment

I have just tried again to respond to this claim form online and I am still getting the same message :-( I have tried 3 times and each time it has given me a 'government gateway' key.......3 different ones now, so I am a bit worried that there is 3 different numbers attached to my name? I wonder if there is a way to telephone to respond?
                    It would be wise to all the court tomorrow morning and explain your difficulties.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                      The small claims hearings are not in open court, they take place in " chambers" ( the judges room) just the judge you and the claimants representative (if they turn up).
                      Small Claims hearings take place in 'open court'. That means that anyone can attend (but not speak) including the press (unless the DJ objects).

In some small courts where there's limited space available they can take place in Chambers but that makes no difference to the status of the hearing i.e. 'open court'.

In fact they could take place in the court car park or the canteen, but they would still be in 'open court' with all the rules which apply to that legal situation.

Di
                      Last edited by Diana M; 2nd November 2016, 17:26:PM. Reason: typo duplicated word

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                        Small Claims hearings take place in 'open court'. That means that anyone can attend (but not speak) including the press (unless the DJ objects).

In some small courts where there's limited space available they can take place in Chambers but that makes no difference to the status of the hearing i.e. 'open court'.

In fact they could take place in the court the car park or the canteen, but they would still be in 'open court' with all the rules which apply to that legal situation.

Di
                        How strange I attended a very large hearing center today where all the small claims matters were dealt with in chambers 3 DJ's siiting.

Comment

Ok guys, this morning I have managed to register on Moneyclaim, it has come up with a list of options:

Continue AOS (the reason it says continue is because I started it, but then stopped as I am not 100% sure thats what I need to do next?)

The other options are start defence and start part admission.........Which do I need to go with? Sorry I need walking through this step by step, I just really don't want to get anything wrong.

Also how do I go about requesting 28 days to respond rather than the 14?

Thank you and good morning everyone :-)

Comment

Ok guys, this morning I have managed to register on Moneyclaim, it has come up with a list of options:

Continue AOS (the reason it says continue is because I started it, but then stopped as I am not 100% sure thats what I need to do next?)

The other options are start defence and start part admission.........Which do I need to go with? Sorry I need walking through this step by step, I just really don't want to get anything wrong.

Also how do I go about requesting 28 days to respond rather than the 14?

Thank you and good morning everyone :-)
                            Good morning,

Just complete the AOS and state that you intend to defend in full, but don't state anything at this stage as the court will see it as being a defence.

nem

Comment

Done!

I have not yet had a chance to send back any of the forms, do I need to ask for an extension on the 14 days, or does the AOS give me a bit more time to send it back? As 14 days will be up on Sunday I am just a bit worried that I'll be out of time :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Done!

I have not yet had a chance to send back any of the forms, do I need to ask for an extension on the 14 days, or does the AOS give me a bit more time to send it back? As 14 days will be up on Sunday I am just a bit worried that I'll be out of time :tinysmile_cry_t:
                                The AOS gives you 28 days from the date the claim was issued to file your defence.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X