• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court judgement Lowell.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court judgement Lowell.

I have recieved a claim form from county court business centre on behalf of Lowell. What should I do. I suffered depression and anxiety attacks after my divorce 4 years ago. The divorce left myself and children with no financial stability hence couldn't pay these debts. I have more money going out than coming in. I have no idea what to do and feel like running for the hills. 😪 Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance x
    Tags: None

Re: County court judgement Lowell.

If you give as much detail regards the debt the beagles will be able to help you..

Received a claim?
    Issue Date:
    Amount approx:
    Claimant:
    Solicitor:
    Original Creditor:
    Particulars of Claim: Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers
    Is the debt Statute Barred?
    List any letters you have sent:
    Any Other Info:

Comment

Originally posted by Allbee1 View Post
      I have recieved a claim form from county court business centre on behalf of Lowell. What should I do. I suffered depression and anxiety attacks after my divorce 4 years ago. The divorce left myself and children with no financial stability hence couldn't pay these debts. I have more money going out than coming in. I have no idea what to do and feel like running for the hills.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance x
      Good morning, welcome to LB,

Have you acknowledged service of the claim:

If not do so on the MCOL site instructions are on the court form.

nem

Comment

[QUOTE=Stu;686695]If you give as much detail regards the debt the beagles will be able to help you..

[B][SIZE=3]Received a claim?
        Issue Date: 27/10/16
        Amount approx: 2683.17
        Claimant: Lowell portfolio I ltd
        Solicitor:Lowell solicitors ltd
        Original Creditor: vanquis
        Particulars of Claim:
        1) the defendant entered into consumer agreement with vanquis

2)defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.
        3) the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 26/01/16 and notice given to the defendant.

4) despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £2,693.17 remains outstanding.

And the claimant claims.
        A) the sum of £2,683.17
        B) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984at the rate of 8% per annum from date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.588, butlimited to one year £161.14
        C) costs.

Amount claimed £2844.31
        Court fee £105.00
        Legal rep cost. £80
        Total £3029.31

Is the debt Statute Barred? No

- - - Updated - - -

Morning, No I haven't as yet had no idea what to do as never gone through this before.

Comment

[QUOTE=Allbee1;686721]
          Originally posted by Stu View Post
          If you give as much detail regards the debt the beagles will be able to help you..

[B][SIZE=3]Received a claim?
          Issue Date: 27/10/16
          Amount approx: 2683.17
          Claimant: Lowell portfolio I ltd
          Solicitor:Lowell solicitors ltd
          Original Creditor: vanquis
          Particulars of Claim:
          1) the defendant entered into consumer agreement with vanquis

2)defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.
          3) the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 26/01/16 and notice given to the defendant.

4) despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £2,693.17 remains outstanding.

And the claimant claims.
          A) the sum of £2,683.17
          B) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984at the rate of 8% per annum from date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.588, butlimited to one year £161.14
          C) costs.

Amount claimed £2844.31
          Court fee £105.00
          Legal rep cost. £80
          Total £3029.31

Is the debt Statute Barred? No

- - - Updated - - -

Morning, No I haven't as yet had no idea what to do as never gone through this before.
          Ok, you can acknowledge service the claim as Money Claim Online state intention to defend in full, but do not make any statement(s) in defence at this stage.

This will give you 28 days to enter your defence from the date the claim was Issued.

Next, A request for a copy of the Vanquis agreement (CCA Request) to be sent to Lowell Portfolio 1, There is a template for you to use in the " green box" at the top of the " Court Claim " forum. There is a £1.00 statutory fee to pay use a postal order marked " For Statutory Fee Only" Lowell has 12 + 2 Working Days to comply. It's best to use signed for post so you can check the delivery date and signature.

Next: A request made under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 (CPR request) (no fee) this is specifically for the documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim in this claim, The Agreement, The Default Notice and The Notice of Assignment, this goes to Lowell Solicitors there's a template in the green box for this, send by signed for post..

There will be help here on LB all the way through the process.

nem

Comment

Ok thank you I will start this process today. I'm sure I will be asking some silly questions so I apologise in advance for this. Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Ok thank you I will start this process today. I'm sure I will be asking some silly questions so I apologise in advance for this. Thank you all for your help.
              Hello Allbee,

No apology needed if you have any questions we'll try to answer them.

nem

Comment

Hello, do I send both the CCA request and the CPR request at the same time in the same envelope or separately ?

Comment

CCA request + £1 to Claimant.
                  CPR letter to solicitors (no fee)
                  Addresses per court claim form.
                  Keep copies & get proof of posting.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello, do I send both the CCA request and the CPR request at the same time in the same envelope or separately ?
                    No Allbee,

CPR request to the Solicitors CCA request to the claimant.

nem

Comment

on the CPR form do I put vanquis where it asks for the creditor or Lowell, thanks AGAIN

Comment

on the CPR form do I put vanquis where it asks for the creditor or Lowell, thanks AGAIN
                        ???
                        The example CPR letter has the Claimant's name/address on top, even though it is sent to their solicitors.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I'm sorry I meant the CCA, this can be confusing........ Also on the CPR form what date do I put after it says , I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on XX XXXX 201X. Also do I put all particulars of claim as listed on my claim form here. sorry for all the questions.

1. Agreement / Contract
                          2. Default Notice
                          3. Assignment
                          4. Formal Demand

Comment

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case.
                            Is sufficient.

Also do I put all particulars of claim as listed on my claim form here.
                            You just ask for any documents mentioned in the particulars of claim. There's no need to quote the full particulars.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

sorry I'm still confused to who I put as creditor on the CCA form would it be vanquis who I originally had the credit agreement with ?
                              If so what is the address if anyone knows ? TIA x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X