• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Directions questionnaire Form N180 - non resident defendant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directions questionnaire Form N180 - non resident defendant

Hello All.
    My daughter received 3 Parking Claim Notices whilst parked in the car park under our block of flats in which we have an allocated space. The vehicle was parked in an unallocated space because another vehicle was parked in our space without our permission.
    She paid the first PCN which was issued at 0200 but is defending the others which were issued at 0600 on the same day. She is currently working in a hospital in Spain, however as her car is registerred at my address I am trying to respond on her behalf.
    I have received a County Court Business Centre claim and returned form N9B. I stated that she was living in Spain and signed that I was acting with her permission.

I have now received a Form 180 to complete and one from the claimant which is mainly blank but seeks a Special Direction to request the following direction:
    “The matter will be considered on paperwork without a hearing. The parties attendance is not required and the Judge will determine the matter based upon the documents and evidence supplied and any written representations received.”

Could someone please advise me on:
    - whether or not the County Court Business Centre should be dealing with this matter as she is not currently resident in England or Wales. ...if not how do I respond?
    - how to complete the N180 so that we actually get a court hearing - preferably at a Court near my home;
    - should I accept mediation (noting that the claimant has already rejected it)?
    - anything else that I should know.....!

Most grateful for any advice.
    BC
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X