• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help

Ame, that figure is the arrears and not the remaining balance.
    Either way GoDebt are seriously taking the **** here.

I'm just wading my way through it now.

Comment

Is the letter from Eversheds in that batch of stuff you scanned ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ame, that figure is the arrears and not the remaining balance.
        Either way GoDebt are seriously taking the **** here.

I'm just wading my way through it now.

Comment

hello everyone, my husband today has sourced a loan to pay of the *******s Go debt/Hollis briggs.
          Due to the fact the stat.demand was not overturned we have no faith in the court.
          Im so upset, I know this is a cop out, but my husband is not prepared to take the risk. At the end of the day because Go Debt own a solicitors they can basically put on whatever charges they want. When Go debt first contacted us it was 3.2k & now if we settle its 5.6k. They have already told us if its goes to bankrupty they want 9k plus costs because they will be charging us 2% per day the debt has been outstanding since 2003.
          This is too risky & my husband wont take the gamble.
          Thankyou for all your hard work looking through the paperwork for us it is appreciated, but my husband wont take the risk of either bankrupty & also the fcat Go debt can charge what they bloody well want.
          After this I intend to write to the relevant bodies & show them exactly what Go Debt have bullied us into doing. Maybe a worthless cause, but it might just give a little bit of satisfaction.
          I wish I had your confidence & fight, but Go Debt/Hollis Briggs have won. They prob bought the so called debt for a few hundred quid and have made thousands out of us.

Comment

Do you have the fight to sue them for their exorbitant charges and fees ?

At least that way paying off the SD will get them off your back, but then YOU can go on the offensive.
            Basically there is no way in hell this debt should of ever increased the way it has especially as there is NOT a specific contractual term that covers this. GoDebt are simply making this up and fleecing you for as much as they can.
            SD can work in two ways, they aren't simply for companies to use against individuals, but they can be used the other way.
            I wonder if they would like a taste of their own medicine ???

There are alot of people here that will willing assist with this undertaking and take some perverse pleasure in doing so.

At the end of the day the choice is yours, but please think about it.
            Fighting the feckers is extremely rewarding in more ways than one !!!

Comment

Rico - the letter GoDebt said they had enclosed a copy of from Eversheds...do you have that ?

If so can you type it up pls.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

test
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I like the idea of going on the offensive because at least this way we arent gambling with the chance of being made bankrupt or more & more of their charges being added.

Im sorry I missed out the Eversheds letter. Basically it is a letter dated April 2004 saying that we owe them 3.2 k approx. The thing is we dont remember recieving this letter or speaking to them until all this crap with Go debt came to light. But the letter was a one off it seems, and there is no other paperwork from Eversheds after that.

At this moment Ive accepted we owe the 3.2k, but its the 2.4k they want in September that is getting to me. I cant believe the amount I am going to pay for a printer, that I havent got & also the fact the Go Debt said thats means nothing. I would have thought if I am about to pay all these thousands of pounds then at least I should have the bloody printer.lol

I have got myself so wound up about this. Ive gone from anger to being in tears. Go debt have bullied us to get the result they want, and they have with interest. But once its paid, I am willing to fight with your help.

Thankyou again for all your help. Your a great support.

Comment

Just to keep you updated. Yesterday we paid 3k to Hollis briggs towards the outstanding balance of 5.6k. The remainder they want in September. I have a letter from them saying this is in full & final settlement.
                    With regards a previous posting I would dearly love to go on the offensive now & try to hurt Go debt in someway.
                    Im now ready to fight this 100% because we now dont have the threat of the bankrupty hanging over us.
                    Go debt dont have the right to do this to people and get away with it. In my case they preyed on a weak person & ended up getting their result.

Comment

Excellent, that's great news.

Right then, first of all you need information.
                      You need to SAR (Subject Access Request under Data Protection Act) GoDebt, GE and anyone else you can think of.

As previously said, there is no way in hell this debt should of reached this level.
                      You want ALL information that they hold on you, not just statements and agreements, but all correspondance and everything.

Something along these lines should do the trick: Legal Beagles , but change it to ask for ALL information they hold.

This should include, but not limited to,
                      • copies of original agreements
                      • statement of transactions
                      • information concerning any manual intervention
                      • any other supporting notes and documentation.

This has a maximum fee of £10 per subject/person.
                      They have a time limit of 40 days to respond to this request, else legal action can be taken.

Comment

I would also ask for all recordings and/or transcripts of all phone converstions that you have had with them, and all notes taken with reference to these calls.
                        As this is where most of their threats were made, they will probably deny having any records of these.
                        If they state on anything 'thats calls are recorded' etc. ie on letters, phone mesages etc.
                        It would be strange if they had NO info on any of the calls

PKea

Comment

Im going to send of for this information tommorow, then will have to wait forty days before I can do anything more.
                          I will then post everything & then hopefully take it from there.
                          Thankyou for your advice

Comment

Originally posted by ricodesign4fzr View Post
                            Im going to send of for this information tommorow, then will have to wait forty days before I can do anything more.
                            I will then post everything & then hopefully take it from there.
                            Thankyou for your advice
                            Nice one rico,

That gives you 40 days to have a good read around the site and ask any questions you might have about claiming back whats rightfully yours.

Lots of useful stuff to read up on in the various threads.

Comment

If you still "owe" them £2600 they can apply for bankruptcy again unless they have specifically stated that they will not. Have they done this?

The threshold is just £750.

I would not trust them an inch and had you done as was suggested, you need not have paid them £3000 either.

Is the £2600 that you have agreed to pay in September attracting interest and if so, at what rate?

Comment

Originally posted by ricodesign4fzr View Post
                                Just to keep you updated. Yesterday we paid 3k to Hollis briggs towards the outstanding balance of 5.6k. The remainder they want in September. I have a letter from them saying this is in full & final settlement.
                                I'm confused. What amount is in full and final settlement. The 5.6k or the 3k? Cos if its the £3k why would you want to pay them another 2.6k in September?
                                Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X