• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Default

Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong forum, please move it if it has. I am also aware of several posts regarding similar issues but would like to post my own for my own peice of mind.

I checked my credit file last month and noticed a default under PRA. At this time I didn't even know who this company was. I contacted them and they made me aware that it is a debt they had purchased from QuickQuid about a debt of around £450 that defaulted in 2013.

I have never received a default notice regarding this so using advice on this forum I made a complaint requesting that they send me an original copy of the default. (Using a rather large legal document which I had copied from the post - I can post it here if needed).

They replied stating that they do not need to provide these documents as they are comfortable that QQ had sent it and that it just went to my old address. They are going to continue with debt follow up procedures. This is where I am at now in this saga.

I've read contradictory information to what PRA state on here that states that they do legally need to provide this default notice. I had also read that these are typical tactics used by these agencies hoping that consumers will give in and just pay back the debit.

Please can someone help me by clearing this up and advising of any possible next steps?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: PRA Default

Continuing to ask for a copy of the default notice is not going to get the default removed from your credit record. Nor does it mean the debt is unenforceable so you don't have to pay it.

If you think the debt is correct, you need to make an arrangement to pay. If you don't, you should ask for a statement of account for it.

In addition, you may want to consider if the loan from QQ was "affordable" - could you repay it on time without further borrowing? If not you can consider complaining to QQ (not the debt collector) about this loan and previous loans from them. In practice it is hard to win a "one loan" case, much easier if you borrowed repeatedly from the same lender. See http://debtcamel.co.uk/payday-loan-refunds/ for more details and a template letter. Also do this from other payday lenders you may have used!

These complaints can take 6+ months to sort out, so doing this is not an alternative to reaching an agreement with PRA.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X