• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Where to find verdicts on legal cases (Harlequin v Wilkins Kennedy LLP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find verdicts on legal cases (Harlequin v Wilkins Kennedy LLP)

Hello fellow forumites, newbie here. Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I have a question as to where to find information as to verdicts on legal cases.

A friend of mine is interested to hear the result of a scam brought against some accountants on a holiday resort in the Caribbean.

The case is Harlequin Property (SVG) Ltd and Harlequin Hotels & Resorts v Wilkins Kennedy LLP, at the High Court’s Technology & Construction Court with Justice Coulson. The trial took place in June/July with a verdict due in October (ie possibly made already, if not it’s due very shortly).

Anyone have any idea where the verdict can be found?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Where to find verdicts on legal cases (Harlequin v Wilkins Kennedy LLP)

As I can see, there are two separate cases so far that is available both of which have been heard by Mr Justice Coulson in April 2015 and then in October 2015. If there is a third hearing that has took place then it hasn't been published yet.

Common place to search case law is http://www.bailii.org/ when the transcript or judgment becomes available.

Looking at the previous Daily Cause List for the Rolls Building, the case was being heard as late as 23 September by Mr Coulson. If connected to this hearing in June/July then perhaps there could be a delay in the judgment being given.

You may also want to set up and alert here https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/judgments/
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob,

the judgement on the case I mentioned above should be made tomorrow: http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/cou...ist-technology

I've tried to set up an alert on judgements using the link you kindly provided, but for some reason it only seems to provide some (usually high profile cases.) If by any chance you can paste a link or ideally even a copy of the text for tomorrow's judgement it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance & kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by jstick View Post
        Hi Rob,

the judgement on the case I mentioned above should be made tomorrow: http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/cou...ist-technology

I've tried to set up an alert on judgements using the link you kindly provided, but for some reason it only seems to provide some (usually high profile cases.) If by any chance you can paste a link or ideally even a copy of the text for tomorrow's judgement it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance & kind regards

FYI here's the judgment - http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/TCC/2016/3188.html
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X