• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Me VS Lowell (Claimant) & Claimant's Solicitor (Cohen Cramer) / JD WILLIAMS (orig)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Me VS Lowell (Claimant) & Claimant's Solicitor (Cohen Cramer) / JD WILLIAMS (orig

I have gone onto Moneyclaim Online to acknowledge service and state that I will defend on 14th October 2016
    Could you clarify this statement?
    Acknowledgement is normally a multiple-choice tick box.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Me VS Lowell (Claimant) & Claimant's Solicitor (Cohen Cramer) / JD WILLIAMS (orig

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Could you clarify this statement?
      Acknowledgement is normally a multiple-choice tick box.
      Sure - that was just me saying that I had filed acknowledgment of service on that date and chosen that I would enter a full defence...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by alexpn View Post
      Sure - that was just me saying that I had filed acknowledgment of service on that date and chosen that I would enter a full defence...
      this was all online obviously....

Comment

Ok, so your defence is due at court 14th November? (Court claim issue date + 33 days - best you check, as my math is carp!)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok, so your defence is due at court 14th November? (Court claim issue date + 33 days - best you check, as my math is carp!)
          Yes, that's correct November 11th technically, plus the additional 3 days.

I bet your maths is better than mine (GCSE taken 5 times!)

Comment

Yes, that's correct November 11th technically, plus the additional 3 days.
            October 12th +28 days+5 days for post=Monday 14th November.

I bet your maths is better than mine (GCSE taken 5 times!)
            ####
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

5 days for post, not 3, I knew the ultimate cut off was Monday 14th either way...

Comment

Check your dates

Comment

5 days for post, not 3, I knew the ultimate cut off was Monday 14th either way...
                  If via MCOL, yes, 5 days.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok have double triple checked the dates, claim issue date was 12 Oct, I filed acknowledgement of service plus intent to defend on 14th Oct.

Comment

Did you offer, or has the Claimant/solicitors suggested, a 28 day extention to the defence date. (I reckon we have nailed one down!)
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No, no further communication other than the letters today to say they have already previously sent the required docs.

Comment

hi alexpn,

could you give a brief summary of your overall position? How many debts do you have and what do they add up to? Any reason to think any of them are statute barred? are you buying or renting? are you making any payments toweards these debts?

Comment

Hi [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION]

I'll do my best, but truth be told, my situation is so grim now, I've lost track of most of it.

In debt most of my life with the usual credit cards and loans, defaults frequently since the late 90s, much of my debt is quite old but has been passed around from DCA to DCA for years.

Some that has ended up with the likes of Lowell I have tried to make payment arrangements around, simply due to receiving embarrassing phone calls at work about them, and taking steps to stop the phone calls, but overall the vast majority of my debt still exists and I very much doubt I will be able to pay it all back in my life time.

I am currently self employed, but with little income to my business. Realistically I would say I have amassed about 25-30k of debt in total across loans, credit cards, catalogue accounts and pay day lenders.

It's really not a pretty picture sadly. I have made mistakes frequently and taken risks with high APR lending to make ends meet.

I guess on a slightly more positive note, I have no mortgage or kids to worry about, and am single, so something decisive such as a bankruptcy process would only directly affect me.

Just in the last couple of years, I have indentified certain debts which are over the 6 year threshold, and have began to write some stinging letters back to the DCAs (with the support of fantastic forums such as this one) but overall, my life is still very much one of spinning plates, crapping myself when the mail arrives or landline phone rings and generally feeling quite anxious.

Currently living with parents.

Is that a solid enough insight?

Comment

Total creditors probably around 25 I am probably currently receiving letters and phone calls relating to 12-15 of those who have tracked me down to my current address.

Current DCAs chasing me.... Lowell, Capquest, Debt Managers Services Ltd, Fredrickson's, Alnika, PRA Group, Moorcroft, Cabot, Link Financial.

Comment

[MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION]
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X