• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Me VS Lowell (Claimant) & Claimant's Solicitor (Cohen Cramer) / JD WILLIAMS (orig)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Me VS Lowell (Claimant) & Claimant's Solicitor (Cohen Cramer) / JD WILLIAMS (orig

details showing of case etc

Comment

Re: Me VS Lowell (Claimant) & Claimant's Solicitor (Cohen Cramer) / JD WILLIAMS (orig

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      details showing of case etc
      [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] thanks for the super quick response!

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean, do you mean photocopies of the letters and claim form received a few days back

Comment

content give case number and you initials edit your post by clearing details and substituting xxxxxxxx in lieu of case number and your details also date of their letter never leave personal info on posting just the main content of letter etc

Comment

content give case number and you initials edit your post by clearing details and substituting xxxxxxxx in lieu of case number and your details also date of their letter never leave personal info on posting just the main content of letter etc
          Oh I see, sorry, I've xxxxx'd them out.

Comment

& Dates in the letter

Comment

Just having another quick look at what I've received over the last few months, I appear to have the letter from JD Williams to say they are selling the account to Lowell.

I note from earlier correspondence, Lucas Credit Services were also involved in this.

Cohen Cramer and Lowell also have more or less the same contact details - so assume they are more or less one and the same.

Not feeling like I have a great deal of options here guys :-(

I think the defence is due by the 11th November, although that's without the additional days for postal services.

- - - Updated - - -

& Dates in the letter
              Done, I guess I too trustworthy with this info!

Comment

ForeWarned is Forearmed

Comment

I guess you're right :-)

I'm just wondering whether it's too late to speak to Lowell about this and try and negotiate some sort of payment. I already have several accounts with them already, some have been paid back, some not. The account is so recent, there's no chance of pushing for Statute Barred, and they clearly have all the information to hand to make this stick at court.

Not sure if I can bear going to court to be honest, I've managed to avoid CCJs so far.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Comment

stop panicking! (we all do) [MENTION=1937]nemisis[/MENTION]45

Comment

Being pedantic, have Lowells themselves responded to your CCA request?
                      As things stand, only the CPR request has been responded to.
                      Also, despite the info in the solicitor's letter, you are within your legal rights to send multiple CCA requests. (Within statutory limits)
                      http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/78
                      s78(3)(b)
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi @charitynjw - no, both responses, including the returned postal order have come from the solicitor, not Lowell's - again upholding the probability that they are one and the same companies, they have clearly been posted at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

and just to reiterate - the letters were sent independently to Lowell and Cohen Cramer.

Comment

Sorry, thought I'd replied to this when I hadn't [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] - the responses for both CCA and CPR have come from Cohen Cramer and they were requested independently from Lowell and Cohen Cramer.

Thanks [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] - trying my best to keep a brave face on it buddy - I hate being pushed around by these money grabbing monsters! :-)

Comment

the responses for both CCA and CPR have come from Cohen Cramer
                            Hence the pendantry.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              Hence the pendantry.
                              I have learned from the last few years to literally doubt everything and anything when it's connected to the DCA sector!

Comment

So thanks for this [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] - (sorry for the crossed thread communication - my fault for chatting to someone else about Lowell) - it seems that since they have refused to supply the information requested in the correct way- despite sending it already, I could enter a defence to say they are not cooperating - or would it be `no knowledge of received previous documents and claimant is refusing to supply on demand' type thing?

Or do I need to be writing more letters to Lowell and Cohen Cramer?

It seems like I might be delaying the inevitable?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X