• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Appeal to POPLA? please help - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal to POPLA? please help - won

Hi everyone,

The Astle retail park,West Bromwich , Birmingham used to be a barrier controlled car park, until recently when, apparently they are under new ownership and installed an ANPR system. However, in this case, the driver went at night and the barrier was up, which is very easy to assume that there is no parking charge after a certain hour, otherwise, why would it be lifted? The signs were not very clear either to say that this is a ANPR system monitored car park and being dark, it is easy to miss it. To cut the story short, the driver received 3 PCNs within few days. The driver appealed against it, but after considering the appeal, they decided to uphold the PCNs and an outstanding amount of £300. With that appeal, the keeper admitted he/she was also the driver. This seems not fair to keep the barrier up, when during the day time it was down and spat a ticket, and then install the automatic number plate recognition system without any proper warning. The driver parked at night just in front of the gym. The gym sent an email to the members on the 13/9/16 to inform them about the new ownership and new system, and the PCNs are dated 30/8, 02/09 and 06/09.

My question is, does it worth appealing to POPLA , or they will be as inconsiderate as the Smart Parking Limited.
    I understand that there were many people in a similar case, because of this misunderstanding with the barrier up and new system in place, but not sure how they managed it.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Appeal to POPLA? please help

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/

Check your due dates.

Can you get pics of the signs, i assume they are not lit ? Do you pass the sign or Anpr camera 1st ?

Can you sanitise and post the appeal(s) ? You have 3 popla codes ?

M1

Comment

Hi,

Due dates for all 3 of them is Fri 11th Nov 2016.
      I am abroad at this moment and can't take pics of the signs, but I assume after almost 2 months now, they have everything in place, just like the mentioned in the appeal letter. At the time of contravention, I can't say how well lit the signs were. The letters came through the door addressed to the keeper and the big mistake was, that in the appeal, 'I' was used , rather than 'the driver' did so and so...
      There are 3 POPLA codes and all 3 appeal letters look the same.

Thank you,
      A
      Attached Files

Comment

Smart have a very poor record at popla at the moment. post the PCN and i'll sort something out for you.

M1

Comment

Hi,

I am a bit confused, maybe is the jet-lag :P...when you said 'post the PCNs', where exactly do you want me to post them?

Thank you,
          A

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...r-details-safe!)

On here so i can see them just like the letter you posted in your opening post :okay:

M1

Comment

Himm, I attached the PCNs in my first thread, but they are PDFs, because of the size I had to convert them.
              But I am attaching them again as jpegs one by one. I hope it works.
              thank you
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, you did post them. I just missed it because i didn't read the whole thread again.

I will add to my to do list and get back to you soon.

M1

Comment

Edit to suit. I have left keeper liability in as i've not seen what you think is an admission. Even then they may not realise.

AncaMpopla.rtf follow the instructions at http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html to upload.

One time per ticket.

M1

Comment

Thank you.
                    Fingers crossed.
                    Today I received debt collector letters. Pfuuu.

A
                    Attached Files

Comment

Have you managed to upload the popla appeal to popla for the corresponding ticket ?

M1

Comment

Hi,

Yes I id.
                        thank you
                        A

Comment

Complain to them and aos@britishparking.co.uk

They should not be hassling you whilst a popla appeal is pending.

M1

Comment

I got the POPLA outcome. The appeal was successful

Thank you very much Mistery1, I couldn't have done it without your help.

All the best !

A

Comment

Did they fold or did you win for a reason ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X