• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on SS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on SS

Ok, so the story is I applied to be a kinship carer and was turned down due to false information. The fostering panel person and the childs social worker handed over my assessment to the judge in my siblings case with very serious inaccuracies in it. I was investigated as a result, but the case against me has been closed with no further action as it was shown to be based on false information. The lies were that one of my own children has diabetes and I do not seek medical attention for this (none of them have diabetes) that my children's school had serious concerns about their welfare (discussions with the school prove this to be false) and that I have been fined for non attendance by the EWO (never happened). I received the date I could appeal by the day before the time limit was up and could not appeal in time. Directly due to this my siblings child is being put forward for adoption. My question is what can I do about this?
    Tags: None

Re: Advice on SS

This one is a difficult one because if your out of time, I assume that the adoption is non consensual, ie that the parents do not want the child adopted?

I think I will ask someone to take a look at this one.....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi leclerc, yes it's non consensual. As my siblings advocate I have all the information from all stages of this case and there are so many inaccuracies and I'm assuming some out right deception in some parts. My main concern is there hasn't even been a chance for the parents to parent, baby was taken on an interim care order straight from the hospital ward.

Comment

What you need to look at is things that are factually inaccurate, so for example, child A had diabetes is factually inaccurate over things that are interpretations, ie I think child A is diabetic(if statement made by social worker then clearly it's opinion and not fact).

I dislike SS intensely and unfortunately, my sister has had two kids taken for forced adoption(let's call it what it is) and one is long term foster care. I completely understand how frustrating the system is.

Did you have a solicitor present for your hearing? If you are out of time then you might be able to ask to appeal late but you have to have clear reasons for doing so and the court has to allow you to do so. The only other course you might have is objecting to the adoption, but that again is difficult because it does not necessarily mean that the kids go into your care either. The adoption panel has come up yet? Unfortunately, you have the useless SS putting forward your views(ALWAYS receipt things with them as well), You might have guessed how I dislike them.....
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X