• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Littlewoods Debt fraud?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlewoods Debt fraud?

Hi all, I posted earlier but for some reason it didn't show up.

Just wanted to say thank you for having me before I tell you my Story.

I had a littlewoods account 5-6 years ago and it was closed due to the debt not being paid, it was sold to Lowell Financial who have hounded me for years to pay it, the thing is, the Debt is not mine, my ex used my littlewoods account without authorisation to and bought £3600 worth of products, TVs, Ipads, Clothes etc, she signed for everything and even had the things delivered to her address, she recently moved, then refused to pay, I was told by Citizens Advice that because the debt was in my name I had no choice but to pay it.

A little while ago I found that this is on my credit file and is the only thing stopping me from getting a new couch and Bed which is desperately needed, I was advised by the salesman that what the Citizens Advice told me was wrong, so i set about researching how I could go about getting this written of because of my mental health issues which I have been dealing with all my life, I was told by Lowell I had to get the following: a letter of confirmation from my doctor of my issues, a third party Authority (my mum) and a letter from my psychologist explaining my problems and confirming I am under a psychologist.

I sent all this information to them and I was informed it could take up to 60 days to be processed, I phoned them earlier this week 19/10/2016 and politely asked what was going on, I was told that they are sending the Debt back to Littlewoods to either be closed or something else, I am a little concerned what the "something" is, i don't want to end up in court or Jail, I am a very paranoid person, suffer from extreme anxiety and depression, I also have autism so I could not have possibly made the purchases my ex did.

I'd like to know your thoughts and opinions on this, Sorry for the gigantic story but just wanted to make sure i didn't miss anything even though i probably did.

Kind regards, Kev
    Tags: None

Re: Littlewoods Debt fraud?

Originally posted by kevj35lfc View Post
    I was told that they are sending the Debt back to Littlewoods to either be closed or something else, I am a little concerned what the "something" is, i don't want to end up in court or Jail, I am a very paranoid person, suffer from extreme anxiety and depression, I also have autism so I could not have possibly made the purchases my ex did
    You will not end up in jail!

Debt issues are subject to civil litigation not criminal proceedings.

From what you say Lowells are no longer chasing you for this debt and have returned the account to Littlewoods.

They've not told you why, but that may not matter so long as they are not pursuing you anymore

If you hear anything from Littlewoods then post again on your thread. I'd be surprised if you do.

Look after yourself.

Di

Comment

I have to agree with what has already been said .... push it to the back of your mind and try and forget about it. As said, if it resurfaces, repost the question.

Your only salvation would be proving your ex committed fraud in using your account but it's a bit late in the day for that I suggest and would probably cause you more stress than it's worth. I suspect that Littlewoods may well end up putting this one down to their own experience.

Comment

If this is the case, how long would it be before it comes of my credit file?

Clear Score shows everything and its free!

Comment

If this is the case, how long would it be before it comes of my credit file?

Clear Score shows everything and its free!
          It may not come off as there was an account which presumably you used as well?
          Much depends on the view the collections department at Littlewoods takes on the debt.

As Littlewoods registered the original default you could write to the Data Controller at Littlewoods head office explaining exactly what has happened and Lowell having washed its hand on the matter and ask them to remove the default as a gesture of goodwill.

nem

Comment

I thought Lowell was a debt purchaser and bought debts in large amounts and only paid pennies in the £, can they just return a single debt...??

Comment

how long would it be before it comes of my credit file?
              What is the default date showing on your credit file?

It will automatically drop off the file six years after it was registered. In fact the whole file vanishes from sight at that point.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                I thought Lowell was a debt purchaser and bought debts in large amounts and only paid pennies in the £, can they just return a single debt...??
                It depends if there's something in the Deed of Assignment which allows it. Debts are sold with ongoing conditions on what can and can't be done afterwards.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                  Yes they can, each individual debt is pursued not the whole portfolio at one time, it's fairly common when there is/has been a dispute between debtor and original creditor or fraudulent accounts turn up.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy1948 View Post
                    I suspect that Littlewoods may well end up putting this one down to their own experience.
                    I would like to think that too.

Since they would probably have sold it undervalue and written off the shortfall against their Corpoartion Tax bill.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X