• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help /Advice Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help /Advice Needed

Family law Solicictor needed

Hi. i need help.
    I currently live in THAILAND and in the next few months I can put into effect the court/consent order I was given about 5 years ago after my divorce. That when my son reached the age of 18 i could release the equity owed to me from the marital home.
    I Dont want to return to the UK to put this action to effect. so i ask for help.
    * Can I take action from Thailand?
    * Can anyone give me advice on how to complete this action?
    * Will they work on the basis of "Pro-Bono*?
    " At this moment intime the funds equat to about £50k to me.
    Any help in this matter is greatfull.
    Micky
    Tags: None

Re: Help /Advice Needed

Hi MickyW ...

One point, did you use a UK based solicitor when the original court order was made? I can only feel that you need a UK solicitor for help and advice in the first instance.

Hopefully others will be able to offer more specific advice here!

Comment

Originally posted by MickyW View Post
      Family law Solicictor needed
      I currently live in THAILAND and in the next few months I can put into effect the court/consent order I was given about 5 years ago after my divorce. That when my son reached the age of 18 i could release the equity owed to me from the marital home.
      I Dont want to return to the UK to put this action to effect. so i ask for help.
      * Can I take action from Thailand?
      * Can anyone give me advice on how to complete this action?
      * Will they work on the basis of "Pro-Bono*?
      Since you say the divorce financial agreement was by consent it may make sense to contact your ex in the first instance to see if you can deal with the issue without the need for lawyers.

However if you haven't remained in contact then you will need legal assistance if you have to enforce the Order through the UK court system.

You would only have to return to the UK if any court application you may make is contested and you have to attend a hearing.

What reason do you have to expect a Family Lawyer to work pro bono (free of charge)? Perhaps you mean a lawyer who won't charge fees upfront but would be willing to recover their costs from the equity released from the property?

If you click on the LB Compare tab at the top right of this page you maybe able to find a lawyer willing to assist on those terms.

Di

Comment

Hi Di
        Many Thanks for your reply.
        Contact with the Ex is not possible as all comunication has been lost. I did have a solicitor in the UK and was not happy with their service and found them very slow and submisive. Thus being in this positon.
        What is the actual process and how long will it take?
        My son will be 18 in Feb next year so not that far away.
        If you want I can email you a copy of the consent order if that will help you further.
        Again Thank you for your help, being 10,000 miles away does make things difficult.
        Micky

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X