• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

disbled bay - not marked?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disbled bay - not marked?

Hello
    I am visiting the forum yet again - this time I sadly received a ticket by the council for parking in a disabled bay.
    What happened was:
    - parked in a bay that was not marked - there was no lines and no markings that this bay is for disable people. It was not wider so there was nothing indicating this bay was different. The only indication (??) was the sign with arrows pointing left and right. I thought it is saying that the disabled bays are "that way". I paid for the parking using RinGo app so I have confirmations of payments.
    - I appealed the same day via email - no reply
    - received a letter saying that I now have to pay the full amount or appeal in writing.

Now, I wanted to appeal but I want to be sure I'm right. I would be appealing on the grounds that the bay was not marked and the sign is misleading.
    I believe the option for me to tick on the appeal form is: There has been a procedural impropriety on the part of the Council - the council failed to comply with any requirement imposed by TM Act 2004. etc.

I hope the pic of bay will get uploaded OK.
    Pls let me know if I stand a chance of appeal and how to best word it. Im sure the bay should be marked better as surely one misleading sign is not enough

http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/ek...a6iwg.jpg.html
    Tags: None

Re: disbled bay - not marked?

Sorry to say its clear to me left of the sign is disabled bay worth checking if the signage is legal or does the ground need to be marked

Comment

Re: disbled bay - not marked?

That looks like off road parking ie council car park, in which case the terms and conditions of the parking agreement have to be prominently displayed. (basically this would be a private car park0
      In such a case IMO they need to delineate the areas reserved for disabled drivers clearly on the ground

If this was on street parking the road markings need to comply with TSRGD 2016

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X