• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/ Cohen Cramer Solicitors vx Rumandcoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/ Cohen Cramer Solicitors vx Rumandcoke

I also changed the date that i received the claim to the 22nd as that's what I'd written on the cca request

Comment

Ok.

With MCOL claims, the deemed date of service is 5 days after the issue date of the claim.

For clarity, were the loans 'rolled over'?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes but please don't ask me how many or how much I just can't remember, initial loan was 500 and I cleared that completely then my partner said i cant get a loan can you get it for me so i got him 500, after a few weeks of regular payments they say to you on the doorstep would you like to roll over your loan, I can offer you this cash if you accept it today for so much a week, they they loan you enough to pay whats outstanding plus give you a bit of cash in your hand, so for example they may lend you another £200 but you would then technically have a new loan for £700. I definitely had roll overs a few times and I never missed a payment until I fell into difficulty. I honestly don't know what the true figure is but its definitely nowhere near £4000. Without checking it I just don't know as I have nothing to check.

Comment

I have seen anecdotal reports that a court claim was stayed pending a Financial Ombudsman Service investigation.
          The FOS have a lot of experience in unravelling loan rollovers, & is a well-respected form of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
          The following link discusses a recent court case. (I can't find the actual case, though)
          Templars Estates Ltd and others -v- National Westminister [sic] Bank Plc and another (10 June 2016)
          http://www.finance-disputes.co.uk/20...dsman-service/
          If you are interested in exploring this route, I could try to find more info.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you Charity. I don't know. What would happen after FOS unravelled the loans? Do you think that it's better to go that route? Would I be better to see if they come up with some paperwork first?

Comment

Sorry I forgot to update, I received a letter from the court last week to say that they received my defence and have sent it to lowels and they have 28 days to respond etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumandcoke View Post
                Thank you Charity. I don't know. What would happen after FOS unravelled the loans? Do you think that it's better to go that route? Would I be better to see if they come up with some paperwork first?
                Hi Rumandcoke

It's just another possible option that can be explored in the meantime.
                If it were me, I'd wait...........

Sorry I forgot to update, I received a letter from the court last week to say that they received my defence and have sent it to lowels and they have 28 days to respond etc.
                .........to see what, if anything, they respond with.
                If you haven't heard anything within a few days after the 28 days, contact the court to check the status of the claim.
                (If they don't respond, the claim is usually stayed; you won't normally receive notification of that).
                If it is stayed, the Claimant would have to pay a fairly hefty sum to have it lifted.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Have received a letter from Lowell today.

We refer to the above matter and can confirm receipt of your defence.
                  We can confirm that the provident account was opened on 13 April 2012. The account was subsequently defaulted on 13 May 2013. The last payment made to Provident on this account was on the 2nd October 2012.
                  In support of this we are requesting a copy of the agreement, statemtement and default notice from Provident with whom you originally entered into the agreement. Whilst we endeavor to provide evidence of the debt as soon as possible, you will appreciate this is dependent upon receipt of the information from the original creditor.
                  However, we enclose a copy of the notice of assignment. Please note that this is for your information only. As far as our client is concerned, the outstanding balance is due and owing and no verification of your liability to pay the outstanding balance is required.
                  As you have filed a defence this matter will progress through the small claims track and you should respond to any correspondance that the court sends you.

Please note this letter is from lowelss solicitors not cohen cramer that appear in the claim form. I have just spoken to the court, they have 33 days from the 21st november, the court has received nothing from them yet. I will upload the notice of assignment later am unable to do it at the moment.

Comment

I have just spoken to the court, the claim was stayed on the 29th December 2016. The court is now working on January post so it is unlikely that

- - - Updated - - -

Lowell have anything that they sent in in time so will now have to pay to lift the stay

Comment

Hi Rumandcoke.

Have you had official notification of a change of solicitor?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        Hi Rumandcoke.

Have you had official notification of a change of solicitor?
                        No. Just the letter I typed above along with Notice of Assignment. That's the only response I've had to my defence.

Comment

No. Just the letter I typed above along with Notice of Assignment. That's the only response I've had to my defence.
                          So why are Lowells Solicitor swriting to you?
                          I thought Cramers were the appointed legal rep?
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So why are Lowells Solicitor swriting to you?
                            I thought Cramers were the appointed legal rep?
                            I don't know why they are writing to me and yes Cramers are the solicitors on the claim form.

Comment

I don't know why they are writing to me and yes Cramers are the solicitors on the claim form.
                              If it were me I'd phone the court tomorrow to check.
                              Unless & until official verification of a change of sols is received, the legal rep will be per the court claim.
                              http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...l/rules/part42
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

If it were me I'd phone the court tomorrow to check.
                                Unless & until official verification of a change of sols is received, the legal rep will be per the court claim.
                                http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...l/rules/part42
                                Thank you x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X