• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/ Cohen Cramer Solicitors vx Rumandcoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/ Cohen Cramer Solicitors vx Rumandcoke

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Agreement

See the part that states 'there are more terms overleaf' - have they sent you a copy of those terms? or is that the last page of that entitled precontract ? ( I'll attach that too) - they seem to match up version number wise. Odd how the recons are just for the smaller loan not the larger.
    I scanned across everything that they sent x

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      So the original £300 loan was for your laptop, then was that £300 rolled into the £2200 or was it a second & separate loan ? Both appear to be dated the same date so it doesn't quite scan ( just going off your first post on the thread )
      The original loan was £500 for my laptop. I don't know the date but I started my job Dec 2009 so it would of been within weeks of that. I don't ever recall having a £300 loan or a £2200 loan, but i did have a few loans as they kept offering more and I couldn't afford the payments so accepted the rollover loans as they paid off what I owed and it was like a viscious circle. I did default definetely but I really couldn't tell you what I owed at the point I defaulted. I did keep up the payments for quite a few years. I thought it looked funny that both those loans were on the same day as I wouldn't of taken out two at once x

Comment

Ok just to update I haven't heard anymore from the courts or Lowell however I have received a letter today from a company called Motormile finance who I have never heard of saying that they are wiping off my provident loan of £364, again yet another loan. This is all so confusing. Anyway I will attach it here. I have just logged into Noddle and there is no mention of Motormile finance or anything with Provident or Lowell for £364. I know it doesn't have anything to do with this case or at least I think it doesn't but as it has been investigated by the FCA would this letter be useful in a defence in court on the above matter if it gets that far?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rumandcoke

Is the claim still stayed?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            Hi Rumandcoke

Is the claim still stayed?
            Yes last time I called the court on valentines day they said it was still stayed x

Comment

Just called the court again it's still stayed x

Comment

Motormile Finance UK Limited, a debt purchase and collections firm, has entered into an agreement with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to provide redress to more than 500,000 customers for historic failures in its due diligence and collections process.
                ......and the writing-off of £414m of debt where the firm has been unable to evidence the outstanding debt balance is correct and properly due.
                https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-re...edress-package

Maybe Lowells are having similar problems with the necessary evidential burden?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Let's hope so x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X