• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - CPM UK Car Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - CPM UK Car Management

Hi all,

I''m really hoping someone can point me in the right direction with the PCN I recently received as registered keeper. (I have attached a copy, with details blanked etc...)
    I refuse to pay such scandalous charges.

The background:-
    There is a local Tesco Express 5 minutes down the road from where we live. Friday night 7pm, Pizza Express was picked up for tea and in and out of the shop for 5 minutes. The whole of the same small parking complex has 3/4 small businesses as well, including a carpet shop. Tesco has around 5 or 6 bays outside of it's shop for parking. However, we must have been to this shop numerous times over the past 4 years and parked all over this car park.

On the occasion in question the car has been parked in a suitable location so as not to block anyone, to the left of the Tesco shop - but I guess crucially not in a parking bay. I have never known this car park to have any signs regarding Private Property until I received this notice. This is not a charge car park, and again until I received this notice I was unaware that they even had permit holders?? I guess, these are for shop owners/employees etc....
    There are about 20 spaces total on this car park.

Could anyone help me at all with this, and advise the best way to tackle this?
    Appreciate your help.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: PCN - CPM UK Car Management

It would look as though the parking management company have changed this year looking at GSM. Looks like you were parked outside Gourm8.

The signs are stating that parking is for permit holders only. Therefore if you are not a permit holder then there is no contract to park and the only solution would be a claim for trespass, and only the landholder can do that.

Reply to them stating that they have
    * failed to meet the requirements of POFA to hold the keeper liable
    * Are not the landholders and cannot bring a claim
    * No contract in place to pursue.
    * Insufficient and unclear signage.

Have a word with Tesco management. They may be able to throw some light on the matter.

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...member-tickets

IPC and their appeals system THEIAS.org are pathetic. Whilst it's possible to win, the odds are much lower than their counterparts BPA and popla. Having said that failurse to win on appeal doesn't mean lost. Only a court can compel payment and with a sign such as that, read this High Wycombe Three Approved Judgment.pdf

M1

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] & Thanks [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] for your comments, much appreciated.

So, I should follow the template you set up in the link Mystery1, in the first instance?
        Including the additional comments that ostell has made. And then take it from there..

Unfortunately, Tesco are not the landowners, I believe the landowners are the Carpet Shop family who employ people to run the shop.

Comment

You can use the templates and add the comments if you wish.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X