• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sainsburys Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sainsburys Credit Card

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Is that the only set of terms with 12.2 on that they have sent you - they may be terms as varied - any date on them at all, or indication when they are from? Their letter only mentions 'the terms & conditions' so I suspect they are trying to pass those off as the original terms.

Obvs they aren't the correct terms to go with the agreement, so they are still in default of the CCA request, as the agreement is incomplete.

As the case isn't in court you could go back to them and inform them that they remain in default, and to burger off until such point as they comply,& as they have threatened litigation you could state the case will be defended in full, but see what the others think as I'm a little out of touch on the 'tactics' front with these kind of cases.

@Joanna C;

Nb. Agreement dated March 2007
    Hi McGinty

Were the terms and conditions provided headed" General Credit Card Conditions"?

As Amethyst rightly says condition 12 .2 is not applicable to the agreement and therefore the creditor is in breach of S.78 CCA. It is also currently improperly executed under s.61 (1) (b) of the Consumer Credit Act. and unenforceable save with permission of the court.

I would suggest you do what Amethyst suggests but don't educate them as to why the documentation doesn't comply!

Comment

Hi Joanna, Thank you for your help and it is greatly appreciated. The terms are not headed at all apart from a reference to them in the covering letter from AG saying they were included in the bundle. If fact there appears to be a mixture of two sets of terms within the documents and I can post all up if required? I shall wait then to hear from Shoosmiths. Mc

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Diana. Does Statute Barred come into play from the last payment date or the last time I responded to contact? Mc

Comment

Thank you Amethyst. There is no date on any of the documents that I can see. Would it be best to post all of the documents on here so you can have a look. As I have said to Joanna C there appears to be two sets of terms. You may be able to glean more information if posted? There are a few but I don't mind doing this. Mc

Comment

Originally posted by McGinty View Post
          Thank you Diana. Does Statute Barred come into play from the last payment date or the last time I responded to contact?
          It may depend on a number/combination of things.

When was the last time you paid (or any third party paid on your behalf such as a DMP acting as your agent)?

Did you receive a Default Notice and if so what was the remedy date?

Have you subsequently made an offer to pay/settle even if you haven't followed it up with any payment?

Oh, and have you sent a SAR to Sainsbury's as I suggested?

Di

PS sorry I didn't reply to your PM but I think my Inbox was full. I've now had a declutter

Comment

I am away for a few days Diana but when i return I will check the last time a payment was made. I know it was with a DMP. Thanks again. Mc

Comment

Just had a quick look Diana and the last payment was made via a DMP December 2014. I naively offered a settlement figure October 2016-at the beginning of this thread. I think that starts the clock ticking again? I didn't send a SARS request but I will do Monday. I had previously sent one in 2014 though. I will send a fresh one as the info they hold could have altered. This happened in a case I had with Barclaycard a few years ago, someone at Barclaycard deleted relevant information which included a copy of the agreement. Mc

Comment

I received this from Shoosmithjs today. Should I just simply say that AG have not complied with the CCA request and nothing more?
                Attached Files

Comment

I had sent a SARS request to Sainsburys, the original lenders and enclosed the £10 fee. They have returned the cheque stating on this occasion we won't charge you a fee for this service. Is this okay? I am just a little suspicious that they are trying to get out of fully complying??

Comment

(2) A data controller is not obliged to supply any information under subsection (1) unless he has received—

(a) a request in writing, and

(b) except in prescribed cases, such fee (not exceeding the prescribed maximum) as he may require.
                    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/section/7
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you. So this £10 fee is discretionary in this case then? I have made the request in writing.

Comment

Thank you. So this £10 fee is discretionary in this case then? I have made the request in writing.
                        That would be my interpretation of s7(2).
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I have received the SARS documents now. Can you advise do I wait for contact from AG again? Mc

Comment

Have you heard anything more from anyone (Arrow or Shoosmiths) since Fevruary?

Di

Comment

I have received the SARS documents now. Can you advise do I wait for contact from AG again? Mc
                              Hello McGinty,

What has been sent e.g. the agreement/T's & C's etc.?

nem

Comment

I have received the SARS documents now.

Now that you have received your SAR from the original creditor you can cross-check the contents with the documents that you received from Arrow in February which you uploaded in post # 54.

Also take a good look at the Transaction Log for dates relating to any DN issued, the remedy date and the date the account was terminated and assigned to Arrow. These will be relevant if legal proceedings are issued in the future.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X