• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cheap travel by bus or train

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap travel by bus or train

Megabus is a really cheap way of travelling around the country. It costs from as little as £1, although they do charge a 50p reservation fee to cover their costs. There's also Megatrain too, but at the moment their destinations are limited.

http://www.megabus.com/uk/index.php

Lots of info on the website, with maps for the destinations they cover
    You can't scare me, I have children.

Re: Cheap travel by bus or train

Thank you for visiting megabus.com

Our site is currently very busy and we are unable to process your request at this time.
    Please click on your browsers refresh button to re-try or return at a later time.#

lol when its up again i'll have an investigativeation
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

well WOW

Chesterfield to London - which a few weeks ago cost me £58 return off peak is £12.50 each way on megatrain. On peak thetrainline quoted me £198 !!!! hence hiring a car for last trip.

They don't appear to give you tickets tho something to do with giving the guard your reference number.

Plus you cant get on or off at intervening stops....so if you want to go to London its great if you want to travel well off peak. The Chesterfield train ONLY goes to London.

Excellent and well worth keeping an eye on how it goes and I'll test it out next London trip

If you are in Cambridge you can ONLY go to OXFORD on the bus lol....its worth a look on the offchance they do the journey you want.

Excellent tip BTW xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Trains

#staysafestayhome

Comment

I got my Mum and Dad down to Glasgow for a £1 on the mega bus.
          Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

nice one. Well I'd never heard of it before but its been around agessssssssssss. Fantabulous. these things should get more marketing.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I've never heard of it before either, I'll be checking it out before I travel from now on though
              Great tip xxx

Comment

You print out your reference number and hand it to the gaurd. Usuallly you have to get on the first 1-2 carriages or so, make sure you book well in advance though because otherwise you get left with ridiculous hours. Also on a similar theme most rail companies are offering 3 for 2 at the moment. I went to london with my 7 year old niece and girlfriend (from southampton) for £50 and thats three adult returns with underground, crazy!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X